App Connect

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
d-ash
Getting There!
Drives: 6C 2016 R-Line 1.2 90PS - Blue Silk

Re: App Connect

Post by d-ash »

If your mute button is at bottom left of the screen then it's a no go for App Connect (this is the easy giveaway of the version of hardware in your car)
Dink
Platinum Member
Drives: 2015 GTI

Post by Dink »

d-ash wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 2:45 pm If your mute button is at bottom left of the screen then it's a no go for App Connect (this is the easy giveaway of the version of hardware in your car)
nope i have voice in the bottom left button
vc-10
Silver Member
Drives: 2019 Seat Ibiza 1.0 TSI Xcellence Lux

Post by vc-10 »

Yup one version is compatible with phone mirroring and voice control, the other isn't (not sure which way round!).

There is a different variation (with different revision letters I believe) for cars manufactured after May 2015. You have the better version of the pre-MY16 if you have the voice button, which is because you specced MirrorLink. But you still can't upgrade to proper App-Connect without replacing the whole unit, which would cost a fortune.
wardlec
New
Drives: GTi

Post by wardlec »

Just bought a 17 plate GTi. Assured by Lookers that they can add app connect. In service centre yesterday and told that the media unit cannot allow for app connect. I don't know the media unit number (Will check). Really annoyed!
Bollins43
New
Drives: No longer a polo

Post by Bollins43 »

I am taking delivery of a BlueGT 2017 which is an ex-demo... got told today that they can't install app connect too....
Dink
Platinum Member

Post by Dink »

bit of a revival

but i fitted a unit from a newer model polo.

every thing was working fine (bluetooth was showing connected and also app connect was working) but it had component protection

I've just got back from getting component protection removed

now bluetooth is not working for audio or telephone and it is now saying app connect needs a key (bit of a kicker but i was kinda expecting it not to have it to start with)

anyone know why a lot of functions have stopped working after getting component protection removed?
Mike Austin
Getting There!
Drives: Polo Blue GT

Post by Mike Austin »

Glad this thread has been revived, hoping to have access to MirrorLink to view my phone's Sygic SatNav on the Composition Media display. I have just bought a Blue GT registered March 2017. There is nothing in the settings that refers to this. The system details are:
3Q0035820B
Hardware: H30
Software: 0361
Media Codec
Can anyone help? I have not seen 3Q0035820B mentioned in thus thread.
Dink
Platinum Member

Post by Dink »

I don't think the unit that ends in 20B can have mirror link/ app connect.

This is why I have tried to upgrade to the one that ends in 42B
Mike Austin
Getting There!

Post by Mike Austin »

Thanks for the reply, Dink. I have also contacted a place in Newport (Wales) who may be able to do the upgrade, if it is actually possible.
Before buying the car, I had front and rear parking sensors installed. These appear graphically on the screen, so there are some upgrade possibilities.
Did you get your Bluetooth problems fixed? Were those problems also on a ..20B unit, or on an upgrade to the ..42B unit?
Dink
Platinum Member

Post by Dink »

Whats the place you contacted? As I'll see if they can help me out.

I still have the bluetooth problems.

My original unit ended in 42 so I thought that upgrading to the 42B would be a fairly easy process and it seemed to be before component protection was removed lol

I've looked at the coding of the unit and I've sorted a few things (menus were blue accents instead of red and got my reversing camera working) but I am looking to See if someone can post the coding for there's
Mike Austin
Getting There!

Post by Mike Austin »

You are way ahead of me here! How did you get hold of the coding?
The place I contacted was http://www.dmsautoservices.com/oem-appc ... droidauto/.
It was Saturday, so they have not had chance to reply yet.
Dink
Platinum Member

Post by Dink »

Ahh that's the same company that removed my component protection. I might have to give them a call and see what they say.

I've got a VCDS cable so I've got a copy of the coding of my original unit and the new unit (before and after CP)

Then just compared them and made changes to see if they work.

But the bluetooth I could not get to work so I think there might be a bcm upgrade/update required.
Mike Austin
Getting There!

Post by Mike Austin »

Dink wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:50 pm Ahh that's the same company that removed my component protection. I might have to give them a call and see what they say.

I've got a VCDS cable so I've got a copy of the coding of my original unit and the new unit (before and after CP)

Then just compared them and made changes to see if they work.

But the bluetooth I could not get to work so I think there might be a bcm upgrade/update required.
Hi Dink. This thread keeps getting revived!
I just phoned these guys for a quote to upgrade my Composition Media unit to MirrorLink etc. - £225+VAT. My head unit is a 3Q0035820B, which I thought was not upgradeable, so I challenged them on this. I mentioned that 'someone' had lost their Bluetooth after the upgrade, and they knew who it was! Apparently, when online to the VW server, everything needs to be installed at the same time - and each login costs £50. If they had known that Bluetooth was there, it would have been included. I said that, if tell them details of the unit - model, hardware, software etc, they should be able to ensure everything is installed. They agreed. I would have thought that the details should be known automatically from the system information. Did you go back and restore your Bluetooth?
I started looking again at the possibility of an upgrade when I was arranging for someone to replace one of my reversing sensors with a colour-matched one. (The black one replaced a faulty one at collection). I was quoted £599+VAT for a new head unit and £199+VAT for the AppConnect activation. Nearly £1,000 in total!
Dink
Platinum Member

Post by Dink »

ahh that's why they have not got back to me since i have emailed them lol

i don't mind paying it as i should of did a bit more research before hand and it gives them a chance learn how/what needs to be done in total.

the unit i got cost me £41 from ebay so the amount i saved buying that i don't mind paying for the upgrade.

i've not had the time to get there yet as by the time i finish work they're closed.
Dink
Platinum Member

Post by Dink »

so a little update

took my car to vw for its service and asked while there could they have a look at the bluetooth

charged me an hour as they said it probably requires a software update but sorted it all out.

so now my new unit is functioning just as my old unit(well slightly better as i now get battery and signal level on the screen sure they weren't there before)