Doors Rattling

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Blairc2016
New
Drives: 6C SE 1.0

Re: Doors Rattling

Post by Blairc2016 »

Parker87, I am glad this worked for you!
Scott Bounce
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo 6C GTi

Post by Scott Bounce »

Ordered Slug Slime, will post results when it arrives and applied.
Blairc2016
New

Post by Blairc2016 »

Scott Bounce wrote:Ordered Slug Slime, will post results when it arrives and applied.

Hopefully it worked for you! I got that one too when I bought my own Krytox and reckoned there was more of the fluid in it.
Scott Bounce
Bronze Member

Post by Scott Bounce »

Blairc2016 wrote:
Scott Bounce wrote:Ordered Slug Slime, will post results when it arrives and applied.

Hopefully it worked for you! I got that one too when I bought my own Krytox and reckoned there was more of the fluid in it.
Fingers crossed. Good to see another Scottish user :D
Blairc2016
New

Post by Blairc2016 »

Scott Bounce wrote:
Blairc2016 wrote:

I know, my car is coming up for its first service, have you had yours serviced yet and can recommend any good places - this is my first VW?
Scott Bounce
Bronze Member

Post by Scott Bounce »

Blairc2016 wrote:
Scott Bounce wrote:
Blairc2016 wrote:

I know, my car is coming up for its first service, have you had yours serviced yet and can recommend any good places - this is my first VW?
Haven't had mine serviced yet and also on my first VW, don't have a clue about them yet haha
g7egt
New
Drives: Polo GTI

Post by g7egt »

Hi All,

I have a new GTI (5 dr) and I reckon its a fault, if you press about 30mm down from the window in about 80mm from the back of the front door you can get the drivers door to creak and crack if you push it in, you don't need to do it to hard, just be firm. Its the same noise my car makes when its going over bumps. If you try the passenger door it flexes a little but without the noise, its bizarre. Its like they forgot to put the clip on that side or its mis aligned. Will be going back soon to get this fixed and the key code for the CarNet.
Timmsy
Getting There!
Drives: 2016 Polo GTI

Post by Timmsy »

g7egt wrote: the key code for the CarNet.
How much did vw charge you to add the CarNet code?

I should have ordered it with mine but didn't look into it enough but now I have I want it but it's too late in the build stage
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Timmsy wrote:
g7egt wrote: the key code for the CarNet.
How much did vw charge you to add the CarNet code?

I should have ordered it with mine but didn't look into it enough but now I have I want it but it's too late in the build stage
Over on golfgtiforum.co.uk, one of the forum members who works for a VW dealership posted in Jan that it cost 213.40 to have app-connect retro-fitted / activated. I don't know if this was the price charged just by that one dealership, or if it's the standard VW price irrespective of which dealer you go to.
Scott Bounce
Bronze Member

Post by Scott Bounce »

Applied Slug Slime this evening, what a difference!
g7egt
New

Post by g7egt »

Glad the slug stuff worked probably going to get the dealer to fix. Mine is meant to be an option so I just want them to get it working!
Parker87
New
Drives: '13 GTI

Post by Parker87 »

Scott Bounce wrote:Applied Slug Slime this evening, what a difference!
Yes - it's remarkable how much more civilised the car feels without the dreaded creak isn't it :)
It'll be interesting to see which of the various treatments needs a re- application first.
Blairc2016
New

Post by Blairc2016 »

Scott Bounce wrote:Applied Slug Slime this evening, what a difference!
Glad it worked for you! I have found the creak sometimes returns if I've just washed the car but once the moisture from the seals dries out it goes silent again so not a problem.

Now you'll really get to enjoy your GTi!
g7egt
New

Post by g7egt »

The CarNet was an option on my car so it was included in the price, the only problem is my dealer does not know how to get hold of it yet!
Guy
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI

Post by Guy »

Apologies for absence - have been a bit busy and then my Broadband went down for 96 hours while OpenReach dug the road up.

I just wanted to confirm - is the Krytox absolutely safe to use on the felt strip at the top of the doors (as well as on rubber)?

I was more than a bit disappointed in my local dealer's initial response when I phoned to make an appointment. It was a rather terse "Rattles are not covered after the first six months and your car is almost ten months old". I pointed out that the mileage was a mere 1400 and that I had bought the car from them despite being able to seek a better price elsewhere because I believed (perhaps foolishly as it turns out) that I would receive goodwill in exactly this type of situation.

Anyway we've agreed that next Wednesday I will drive over to them having removed any loose articles of mine from the car and one of their people will go out for a drive with me so that I can point out the noise. After which they will advise on whether they will cover fixing it gratis or otherwise.

Clearly, if it's going to be chargeable then the cost of my buying the Krytox and applying it myself instead is a no-brainer. But I did ask another dealer about this and they were not too sure about using it on felt - said it might discolour it and possibly affect my warranty. I had mentioned Krytox to the person I spoke on the phone to at my own dealership but she was dismissive saying it was only for use on convertibles. I did feel her attitude was somewhat "customer hostile" so perhaps I'll have more luck with who I see on the day.