Polo 6C Exhaust Tip

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
lukefinch
New
Drives: Polo SE

Polo 6C Exhaust Tip

Post by lukefinch »

After looking at a lot of the cars on here, I am looking to get a chrome exhaust tip for my new polo 1.2 SE.

Does anyone know what size I would need or where I could get one? Also, how difficult are they to for?
jammydodger
Silver Member
Drives: 6R GTI

Re: Polo 6C Exhaust Tip

Post by jammydodger »

I presume this is the 1.2 TSI with the exhaust tip showing? If so the this will do, just need to push it on and give it a last back with a rubber mullet or similar.
lukefinch
New

Post by lukefinch »

I have just purchased the recommended exhaust tip.

I know how to fit it but does anyone have any idea how easy they are to remove should I ever decide to?
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

I'm guessing that you have read the instructions, I would have thought that you should be able to pull it while rotating it, but I've not tried that yet. When you look at the way the retainers work, they are going to grip a lot harder the harder you pull them of straight, unless you can slide some thin material under each of the retaining clips.
lukefinch
New

Post by lukefinch »

I have not yet received the tip or read any instructions.

I just can't seem to find anyone online mention removing them at any point.
RUM4MO

Post by RUM4MO »

Okay, so all should be revealed when you receive it, thick instruction manual in many languages, the hard bit will be finding the english language page!
lukefinch
New

Post by lukefinch »

The tip has just been delivered but it only mentions how to install it, not remove it.

Could anyone shed some light on this?
Ricmondo
Gold Member
Drives: Polo Blue GT

Post by Ricmondo »

Why would you want to remove it? Perhaps you are seeking to solve a problem that really doesn't exist.
lukefinch
New

Post by lukefinch »

The reason I'm asking about removing it is because the car is financed and will have to be returned to factory condition when I return it
RUM4MO

Post by RUM4MO »

Well, lets think about this a bit more in detail:- shiny and expensive optional extra dress cover for exhaust costing any where between £25 to £40, the last thing a buyer would want is for it to get removed, that would be annoying! So, I'll stick with, "it will not be easy to remove" - with the proviso that if leaving that on causes a lot of grief, then definitely don't fit it! Sell it on here for £15 inc P&P ?
SRGTD
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

lukefinch wrote:The reason I'm asking about removing it is because the car is financed and will have to be returned to factory condition when I return it
If you're a) wanting to fit a chrome exhaust tip b) worried that it might be difficult or not possible to remove a genuine VW tip to return the car to factory condition, then you could consider one of the non-OEM bolt on alternatives. I don't have any personal experience of these, but there are loads on eBay, and they're not expensive either. Most have either a single bolt or jubilee clip type of fixing on the end of the tip that slides onto the exhaust so the fixings shouldn't be visible when fitted. I assuming removal is a simple case of loosening the bolt/clip and the trim would just slide off, but you could check this with the seller before buying.
Mpw2081
New
Drives: Match design

Post by Mpw2081 »

My wife has a 1.4 petrol automatic DSG maych edition 2013 on a 63 Plate and was looking for exhaust tip trim VW not very helpful and gave me 3 part numbers for different exhaust sizes. Anybody know what size and part I need
Oli3000
Getting There!
Drives: 6C 1.0tsi 110 6spd man SEL

Post by Oli3000 »

Mpw2081 wrote:My wife has a 1.4 petrol automatic DSG maych edition 2013 on a 63 Plate and was looking for exhaust tip trim VW not very helpful and gave me 3 part numbers for different exhaust sizes. Anybody know what size and part I need
Measure your exhaust tip and that should guide you...

It's probably this:
http://www.volkswagenpartsuk.co.uk/prod ... _6R0071910
Oli3000
Getting There!
Drives: 6C 1.0tsi 110 6spd man SEL

Post by Oli3000 »

Did some research and have ordered this for myself this morning for a 1.0tsi 110 - with a 65mm exhaust:

Audi Exhaust Tip
8P0071771

£25 for exactly the same thing made by Audi...
Last edited by Oli3000 on Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RUM4MO

Post by RUM4MO »

For anyone wanting to buy an exhaust tip for the 1.2TSI 110PS Polo, I bought Audi A3 accessory 8V0 071 771 - I probably got that info from this forum a year or so ago.