6c GTI lowering springs

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Bear
Getting There!
Drives: 2016 GTI

Re: 6c GTI lowering springs

Post by Bear »

Is it simple enough to fit new springs to a Polo? I'm handy enough with a spanner but haven't really 'fiddled' with my cars since I started buying brand new ones...

Also, where is the best place to buy springs? Do VW have any in-house modification options in this regard?

And can you fit lowering springs to a 6C GTI that has the sport pack? Or would it be ill-advised?
gregmkv
New
Drives: 2016 Polo 6c GTI DSG

Post by gregmkv »

Bear wrote:]And can you fit lowering springs to a 6C GTI that has the sport pack? Or would it be ill-advised?
I'm pretty sure there would be a few conflicts in changing the suspension setup on a vehicle with DCC, not sure what they would be though!
SJL717
New
Drives: Polo GTI 1.8T 6C

Post by SJL717 »

Not sure where you got to with this but check awesomegti, they have the extra low springs available. Ride quality is horrendous with them tho :shock:
SJL717
New
Drives: Polo GTI 1.8T 6C

Post by SJL717 »

gregmkv wrote:
Bear wrote:]And can you fit lowering springs to a 6C GTI that has the sport pack? Or would it be ill-advised?
I'm pretty sure there would be a few conflicts in changing the suspension setup on a vehicle with DCC, not sure what they would be though!
I've got the Sports Pack and lowered mine 25/35nm with no problems at all 8)
haflidij
Silver Member
Drives: Polo 1.4 2013 6R

Post by haflidij »

andy_gdon wrote:
haflidij wrote:
andy_gdon wrote:
To be fair, your photo is hard to judge as you have cut parts of the car out. Stand back a bit and take a full image.

Gti doesn't get the 35/55 option.

Here is one quick photo i just took about an hour ago.
Its on H&R springs 35/55

Ever considered a career in photography?
Not really. Why ?.
jacksb7
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI 6C

Post by jacksb7 »

Looking at getting these bought in the next couple of days, have checked out eBay and Awesome GTI and I'm assuming that most people seem to be recommending Awesome GTI then? Anywhere else worth checking?

Looking at the Awesome GTI site, am I right in thinking it would be the heavier [930kg instead of 929kg?] 6R (06/09-) that I'm going for?

So that would be:
Regular: http://www.awesomegti.com/shop-by-brand ... om-930-kg/
Extra low: http://www.awesomegti.com/shop-by-brand ... w-version/

Understand I'm probably asking silly questions but I've not had to change my previous couple of cars visually so I'm pretty new to this side of things. :lol:
Deejbb
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTi 6R

Post by Deejbb »

jacksb7 wrote:Looking at getting these bought in the next couple of days, have checked out eBay and Awesome GTI and I'm assuming that most people seem to be recommending Awesome GTI then? Anywhere else worth checking?

Looking at the Awesome GTI site, am I right in thinking it would be the heavier [930kg instead of 929kg?] 6R (06/09-) that I'm going for?

So that would be:
Regular: http://www.awesomegti.com/shop-by-brand ... om-930-kg/
Extra low: http://www.awesomegti.com/shop-by-brand ... w-version/

Understand I'm probably asking silly questions but I've not had to change my previous couple of cars visually so I'm pretty new to this side of things. :lol:
I used Awesome GTI to buy the regular H&R lowering springs and they were very good.

Yes correct you need the "from 930kg" version.
Mickgt6r
New
Drives: Blue Gt

Post by Mickgt6r »

Apologies for bringing an old thread back up but can anyone describe the quality of the ride experienced after lowering with H&R springs; especially the 35/55 drop? Are you all upgrading the shocks to suit or just chancing it on the stock dampers?

Want to determine if springs are a real option on standard shocks without pogo'ing about like a cracked out clown or to just spend the extra cash on coilovers.