Blue GT Chrome Exhaust trims

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Norbreck21a
Silver Member

Blue GT Chrome Exhaust trims

Post by Norbreck21a »

Hi guys.

As the wife's new Blue GT (to replace her current) has now been built and on it's way, can someone remind me of the part number and prices for the Genuine Chrome tailpipe trims please ?

Also can't remember if they come in a pack of 2 or singular and so if I need to order 1 set or 2 individual ?

Also, on a separate topic, as I'll be retro fitting the fog lights back onto her car (as apparently UK Blue GT's don't come with front fogs when specced with Xenon headlamps- go figure), can anyone confirm the part number for a new light switch that has both the Auto Light setting (as we have specced this on the new car), as well as front and rear fog light settings please ? Obviously when I fit the fog lights, I'll have to buy a new light switch as well so the front fogs work.
Last edited by Norbreck21a on Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jammydodger
Silver Member
Drives: 6R GTI

Re: Blue GT Chome Exhaust trims

Post by jammydodger »

Hi Norbreck

The part number for the exhaust trim is 6R0 253 825 and you will need to order two of them. The 6C BlueGT's now come with fogs with Xenons as standard no so you won't need to retrofit them again on the new one. :)

Hope the new car is as good as your last!
Norbreck21a
Silver Member

Post by Norbreck21a »

Cheers Jammydodger.

You 100% sure about that as the dealer was adamant that Xenon's still precluded the fog lights ? Indeed in the latest Polo brochure it still has a caveat saying fogs are deleted with Xenon's are selected ?

Hope your right bud, would be great if you are, save me a lot of work !
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Norbreck21a wrote:Cheers Jammydodger.

You 100% sure about that as the dealer was adamant that Xenon's still precluded the fog lights ? Indeed in the latest Polo brochure it still has a caveat saying fogs are deleted with Xenon's are selected ?

Hope your right bud, would be great if you are, save me a lot of work !
Norbreck, I agree with Jammydodger; if you spec xenons on the Blue GT, you now get front fogs, and it's been like this since the introduction of the 6c Polo facelift.

When I first thought of getting a Polo, it was between the Blue GT and GTI, and I looked at quite a few in the used cars section on the VW website, to see what colour I preferred. If I'd gone for the Blue GT, I'd also have chosen xenons as I'd had them on my mk6 Golf GTD. Although there don't seem to be too many Blue GT's with xenons, all the late date nearly new ones for sale that do have xenons on the VW website have had front fogs. There's currently a Sept 15 White Polo Blue GT for sale at Listers, Leamington Spa on VW's website and from the photos, it looks as if it's got xenons. It's also got front fog lights. Link below;

http://usedcars.volkswagen.co.uk/Polo/1 ... c=se_na_re_

It won't be the first time that VW's literature is wrong, or a dealer isn't up to speed on the standard spec of the cars they're selling. Worth sharing the link above with your dealer?
Norbreck21a
Silver Member

Post by Norbreck21a »

OK, seems pretty conclusive, many thanks (fingers crossed as this will save me a lot of grief).

As an aside, can anyone confirm that the Blue GT's DO now come with underseat storage drawers on both seats (the dealer told me yes, but after the above, I'd rather take the word of members on here).

I'm sure I've asked this as well, no footwell lights in any of the models now (except perhaps SEL)?
Norbreck21a
Silver Member

Post by Norbreck21a »

Bloody hell, I've just checked the price of the exhaust trims from my local dealer - £45.91 each - nearly a £100 for two. Don't remember them being anywhere near that price last time. Might have to try and see if I can tap the ones on her existing car back off gently and re-use them !
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

Norbreck21a wrote:OK, seems pretty conclusive, many thanks (fingers crossed as this will save me a lot of grief).

As an aside, can anyone confirm that the Blue GT's DO now come with underseat storage drawers on both seats (the dealer told me yes, but after the above, I'd rather take the word of members on here).

I'm sure I've asked this as well, no footwell lights in any of the models now (except perhaps SEL)?
The 6c Polo GTI doesn't have footwell lights. Sorry don't know the answer to under seat storage drawers on the Blue GT. If the latest price list on VW website is correct, the Blue GT does get the drawers.
Philmar
New
Drives: Blue GT 6c

Post by Philmar »

The Blue GT does have drawers under both seats & the mounting brackets are in place for the footwell lights but you will have to buy your own lights & wire them into the interior light circuit.This another eg. of vw penny pinching as though we don't pay enough for the car in the first place.
peter_dk25
Silver Member
Drives: Blue GT

Post by peter_dk25 »

Norbreck21a wrote:Bloody hell, I've just checked the price of the exhaust trims from my local dealer - £45.91 each - nearly a £100 for two. Don't remember them being anywhere near that price last time. Might have to try and see if I can tap the ones on her existing car back off gently and re-use them !
This is the new model - exactly the same as the old one - but the Price is much better:
http://shop.ahw-shop.de/auspuffblende-o ... 5mm?c=4476
Last edited by peter_dk25 on Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

peter_dk25 wrote:
Norbreck21a wrote:Bloody hell, I've just checked the price of the exhaust trims from my local dealer - £45.91 each - nearly a £100 for two. Don't remember them being anywhere near that price last time. Might have to try and see if I can tap the ones on her existing car back off gently and re-use them !
This is the new model - exactly the same as the old one - but a much better price:
http://shop.ahw-shop.de/auspuffblende-o ... 5mm?c=4476
Norbreck, the Skoda Yeti chrome exhaust tips also fit many VW models and they're much cheaper than the price you've been quoted for the VW ones. Internal diameter of the Yeti tips is 66mm.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Skoda ... 3641.l6368
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

Just checked the configurator on VW website and it states that the Blue GT has 'twin exhaust tailpipe, chrome' as a standard feature. If so, that's the best part of £100 you'll not have to spend. Perhaps someone on the forum who's recently bought a new Blue GT could confirm this?

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/new/polo-gp ... /1851/1854 (click on the 'what's included' drop down at the bottom of the standard features list, and it's near the bottom of the 'exterior' features)
Philmar
New
Drives: Blue GT 6c

Post by Philmar »

My 2015 blue gt did not have chrome tips despite what the brochure said,had to buy as an extra but you might get your dealer to throw them into the deal!
Kaz212
New
Drives: Polo BlueGT

Post by Kaz212 »

Just been quoted £49.40 from my VW dealer :(
DKPOLOGT
Bronze Member
Drives: Blue GT

Re: Blue GT Chrome Exhaust trims

Post by DKPOLOGT »

But they do look good

/ *L*
cr42ycr41g
New
Drives: Polo Gt Blue

Re: Blue GT Chrome Exhaust trims