(Newbie, hello!) New 2016 BlueGT on order...

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
decipherxx
New
Drives: dfgsdfgsdfg

Post by decipherxx »

Hi folks, longtime lurker, new member!

I ordered a BlueGT a few months ago and i'm expecting it to be delivered in the next few weeks. I've ordered it with tinted windows, light and sight pack, xenons and CarPlay connect.

As is often the case with things like this, the more impatient i grow, the more i research, and the more confused i get! So i was hoping another owner/expert of a UK spec new model BlueGT could answer a few wee queries i have.

The brochure says if you order Xenons, you lose the fogs - is this true?
I didn't order a reversing camera, is it possible to retrofit/dealer fit them?
Can anyone suggest/link some retrofit LED indicator bulbs? Ones that will actually work as i've been stung before :P

Thanks in advance!
daydotz
Silver Member

Post by daydotz »

Not anymore you keep fogs if you spec xenons

If you search for a vw retro fit they should be able to fit sensors and a camera
Mikeyander5on
Getting There!
Drives: VW Polo GTI 6c

Re: (Newbie, hello!) New 2016 BlueGT on order...

Post by Mikeyander5on »

Dealer will not fit reversing camera nor will they fit optical reverse sensor they will only fit reverse sensors with a speaker in the boot. In my opinion it would be a waste of money

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Pretty certain the Blue GT when specc'd with xenons now comes with front foglights; it's not unknown for VW product literature to be incorrect! :D Check out the recent post started by Norbreck21a that included pictures of his new Blue GT with xenons. It has front fogs - link below;

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=68273

If there are any nearly new Blue GT Polos with xenons for sale on the VW website, you'll be able to see if they've got xenons or not.
decipherxx
New
Drives: dfgsdfgsdfg

Post by decipherxx »

Thanks for the useful replies folks - had a rummage about for nearly new ones with Xenons and it does indeed look as if it comes with fogs - great idea!

The reversing sensors/camera was only gonna be a go-ahead if it was cheap, but if you are saying its not possible i won't bother. Coming from a Mitsubishi Lancer with a reversing camera, i was spoiled with the camera and i have no confidence in my reversing abilities :P

Any suggestions for replacement LED bulbs for the rear lights? Indicators ideally but wouldn't mind the brake lights too.

Thanks for your help folks!