Re: 6RPotentialBuyers Candy White Polo S

Post by iichel »

congratulations on some nice upgrades! looks good
6RPotentialBuyer
Getting There!
Drives: Candy White Polo 6R

Post by 6RPotentialBuyer »

Just an update to the mod's I have done.

Put some magnets behind the blank plates for switches on the dash so I can magnetically mount my iPhone in the car (for use as a sat nav) [£5]

I installed the Focal IS 165VW set. compared to standard with the RCD310 unit there is a noticeable difference but now the drivers side door has a rattle when you play any song with a bit of bass :evil: (Anybody who has had this problem please help) [£100]

I also had the windows tinted, these are a 'factory tint' (20%). I love the way this mod looks especially on a white car :D [£125]
Before
After

Mods I'm looking to do in the future are...
R-line gloss black grille
R-line rear roof/tailgate spoiler and side skirts
16" Mallory or 16" Salvador or 17" Montani Alloy's
Leather/Alcantara seats

If anyone has the above parts for sale then please let me know :)
Last edited by 6RPotentialBuyer on Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Post by ciclo »

A very interesting topic, I really enjoyed reading it. :wink:
Thank you very much for showing your modifications/improvements.

You did a good job with the paint (mirror covers and tailgate logo). 8)
6RPotentialBuyer
Getting There!

ciclo wrote:A very interesting topic, I really enjoyed reading it. :wink:
Thank you very much for showing your modifications/improvements.

You did a good job with the paint (mirror covers and tailgate logo). 8)
Thanks Ciclo :)

Just ordered some more parts so I'll be keeping this thread updated. Really need to find a better solution for my iPhone dock as it's broken now. And finding a candy white R-line bumper for a reasonable price is an absolute nightmare!!
6RPotentialBuyer
Getting There!

Quick update as to what I've done...

New grille. Went from the old plain plastic one.

To the much nicer gloss black one 8)

I also have some cool new R-line shoes :mrgreen:
Big thanks to user LMM who I purchased these from :wink:

I also upgraded the steering wheel from the fake leather one to the real leather one, And I've upgraded the pedals to the Audi A1 S line pedals. Which were such a pain to fit!

I vinyl wrapped the sides of the steering wheel in gloss black with 3M 1080 vinyl. Looks so much better than the standard finish (And should hopefully tie in with a future mod :wink: )

To do list/want list:
-Leather seats (nightmare trying to source a good used set at a reasonable price)
-Gas strut for bonnet
-OEM Lowering springs
-Gloss black interior trim
-Footwell lights
-R-line spoiler
-Fog lights (OEM)
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Good job! I like. 8)

It looks like the brake pedal cover is slightly turned. It must be firmly attached. :arrow: Cheap and very effective. Test it. :wink:
Willni
Silver Member
Drives: Polo '14 6R, Golf 07' Edition 30

Post by Willni »

Looks good, Highly recommend adding an armrest for all £60 they generally are for a genuine one
6RPotentialBuyer
Getting There!

ciclo wrote:Good job! I like. 8)

It looks like the brake pedal cover is slightly turned. It must be firmly attached. :arrow: Cheap and very effective. Test it. :wink:
Thanks, I'll check that out :)
6RPotentialBuyer
Getting There!

Willni wrote:Looks good, Highly recommend adding an armrest for all £60 they generally are for a genuine one
Thanks buddy, I did toy with the idea of an armrest but a lot of people have said that with a manual car the armrest tends to just get in the way. What are your thoughts on it if you've got one?
Willni
Silver Member
Drives: Polo '14 6R, Golf 07' Edition 30

Post by Willni »

6RPotentialBuyer wrote:
Willni wrote:Looks good, Highly recommend adding an armrest for all £60 they generally are for a genuine one
Thanks buddy, I did toy with the idea of an armrest but a lot of people have said that with a manual car the armrest tends to just get in the way. What are your thoughts on it if you've got one?
Only gets in the way of the handbrake, but I park the car in gear so doesn't make a difference, and I wouldn't be without one so much more comfortable
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

In response to your private message about buying the steering column levers (stalks) from eBay.

The first and most important thing you should know is the Model Year of your 6R. This is perfectly defined in your VIN. The model year is used to buy the exact parts that fit in your 6R.

The tenth letter/digit of the VIN defines the Model Year. You can find it in the car documentation and in the small window on the windshield. Check it out.

info:
- Model Year e.g: VIN WVWZZZ6RZDYXXXXXX
D = MODEL YEAR 2013
(A=2010, B=2011, C=2012, E=2014)

Tell me the tenth letter of your VIN, it's the only way I can accurately answer your question. :wink:
You can post your VIN, but to maintain certain privacy write 'XXXXX' in the last five digits.
E.g. my VIN: WVWZZZ6RZDY0CICLO :)
6RPotentialBuyer
Getting There!

So I've not been hugely active on the forum lately because of work and exams coming up. But that hasn't stopped me doing some mods!

Firstly I replaced the standard single interior light for this triple interior light. This definitely made a big difference to the interior lighting!

I then went one step further and retrofitted the footwell lights front and rear which really lights up the interior. One of my favorite mods to date. Didn't take too long either.

I also purchased one of these "RCD330" radio's from Aliexpress. I was hesitant to buy this but it has far exceeded my expectations. It is a very well built product and feels like an OEM VW product. I will be doing a full write up on this item.

I've also had the car lowered on the OEM VW Lowering springs (25/30) (Thanks to user dkdaz) I took these images just before/after having the springs fitted. The stance has changed after a week so I will update this thread once they have fully settled.
Before
After (The big hump on the back has mostly gone since the springs are settling in)

Just a quick wash on Sunday, having the car lowered really makes it sit better. Makes me love it even more :D
6RPotentialBuyer
Getting There!

ciclo wrote:In response to your private message about buying the steering column levers (stalks) from eBay.

The first and most important thing you should know is the Model Year of your 6R. This is perfectly defined in your VIN. The model year is used to buy the exact parts that fit in your 6R.

The tenth letter/digit of the VIN defines the Model Year. You can find it in the car documentation and in the small window on the windshield. Check it out.

info:
- Model Year e.g: VIN WVWZZZ6RZDYXXXXXX
D = MODEL YEAR 2013
(A=2010, B=2011, C=2012, E=2014)

Tell me the tenth letter of your VIN, it's the only way I can accurately answer your question. :wink:
You can post your VIN, but to maintain certain privacy write 'XXXXX' in the last five digits.
E.g. my VIN: WVWZZZ6RZDY0CICLO :)

Hi Ciclo, thanks for getting back to me. I've been really busy lately so apologies for the late reply.
My vin number is WVWZZZ6RZAY2XXXXX
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

WVWZZZ6RZAY2XXXXX
'A' model year = 2010

About the question you asked me a long time ago by private message. :lol:

1- The eBay sale you sent me by private message is still available. It is incredible but true, because it is a magnificent offer.

2- You can buy those stalks (one part) with the steering ring (other part) that are included in the same eBay sale, but, you have to install the two parts of the sale at the same time and remove the ones are installed from factory on your 6R. The current steering ring and stalks of your 6R are not exactly the same, the ones from eBay sale are more updated, which make them better.

3- You need new wires for cruise control and trip computer (you can buy them on many websites) for these two new functions that you can activate with VCDS on your 6R.

4- They need be coded. (very easy with our help)
Buy the VCDS cable, will be one of the best purchases you'll make to do your mods, and much more... 100%
----

Great update of your 6R, good job!! I like. 8)
6RPotentialBuyer
Getting There!

I suppose this is a little bit of showing off but my dad just got his new car and I thought I might take a few pics of the two cars. The M6 is an unbelievable car. but it has almost 10x the power of my car :lol:

But my car is easier to park :wink: