Polo GT questions

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Leonspiller
New
Drives: Polo Gt

Polo GT questions

Post by Leonspiller »

Hi this is my first post on the forums as i just recently signed up as i have just ordered my Polo Gt i wanted to ask a few questions to owners that currently have the car and people who know there stuff because to be honest i dont know alot.
I was just wondering whether the polo GT comes with the chrome exhausts as standard now and if not where can i get the parts, and if anyone has modified there GT i was thinking of maybe getting a little bit of a bigger spolier to make it a bit more sporty as i wanted the GTI but it had to be a car my MRS can drive and it seems the GT was the best of both worlds.
dkdaz
New

Re: Polo GT questions

Post by dkdaz »

Hi, I've had my BlueGT just a couple of weeks now. it never came with the chrome exhaust tips either.

I ordered a pair of GTi tips from the dealer, I think they were around £90 for the pair. They are expensive, but make the rear end look much better :-)
Robby71
Bronze Member
Drives: 2019 Golf R-Line EVO

Post by Robby71 »

Hi
I'm looking to buy a nearly new GT this month and have been trying to find info beforehand.
It seems a lot of people buy the chrome exhaust trims for a Skoda yeti as these are a lot cheaper (around £26 a pair on ebay new), slightly shorter but look great (lots of pics on this forum)
I saw a post a few weeks ago but can't remember if it was on here where someone had removed the spoiler and fitted either a GTi or WRC spoiler so it can be done

What colour have you gone for?
Fedupvw
New
Drives: 2014 polo blue gt

Post by Fedupvw »

£90 for exhaust tips!!!!
I paid £17ish from eBay, came from China search yeti exhaust tips they fit perfectly.

I have had my 2015 Blue GT from new & love it it. Isn't perfect, have only just got rid of window squeaks thanks to some gummi pflege. The rear suspension groans like an 80 year as you get in.

I was wanting to test drive the gti as I am getting more power hungry as I get older but after trying 3 different dealers who promised they would let me know when one came in to test drive and didn't bother I have given up. The Blue Gt is more than quick enough generally and if not I have my lovely big lazy v6 coupe to play with.

I do have to say as others on here have said the dealer service is disgusting, I have gone through 3 different VW dealerships for servicing etc and they have varied from appalling, to rude to just plain incompetent, can't wait till its out of warranty & I can take it somewhere who knows what they are doing and treat you with a modicum of respect.
Leonspiller
New

Post by Leonspiller »

Thanks for your help I guess these skoda yeti ones have come up a lot does anyone no which ones that they could link me so I don't get the wrong ones ? If they do the job for that price I'll go down that line
I have gone for black on my GT with the darker rims and tinted windows as extra give it that sportier look

Can you please link me or show me a picture of the wrc or hit spoiler I would love to know if they do fit on th GT
Robby71
Bronze Member

Post by Robby71 »

Cheapest trims i could find (free p+p) - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321974221516? ... EBIDX%3AIT
Leonspiller
New

Post by Leonspiller »

Ahhh brilliant ill order them now so there ready thats alot cheaper than £90 i guess these ones just bang straight on ?
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Leonspiller wrote:Can you please link me or show me a picture of the wrc or hit spoiler I would love to know if they do fit on th GT
Martin-GTI-DK has fitted the WRC tailgate spoiler to his Blue GT; See pictures about halfway down page 7 in the thread at the link below;

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=61166&hilit=Wrc+spoiler&start=90
Robby71
Bronze Member

Post by Robby71 »

SRGTD wrote:
Leonspiller wrote:Can you please link me or show me a picture of the wrc or hit spoiler I would love to know if they do fit on th GT
Martin-GTI-DK has fitted the WRC tailgate spoiler to his Blue GT; See pictures about halfway down page 7 in the thread at the link below;

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=61166&hilit=Wrc+spoiler&start=90
That's the post - couldn't remember where i'd seen it :)
Leonspiller
New

Post by Leonspiller »

cheers looks quite nice just hope its not a bugger to fit
Robby71
Bronze Member

Post by Robby71 »

There's a spoiler listed on the VW website but i'm not sure if it's the same - http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/acce ... /4#details - £260 fitted but it's in primer? can't see why they don't price it painted as no1 would fit a primed spoiler would they :roll:
Leonspiller
New

Post by Leonspiller »

yeah this looks good i mean if it included painting it to my cars colour and fitting it i would probably order it striaght away but this is VW i think that would just be for the part and like you said it comes primed ready to paint :|
Robby71
Bronze Member

Post by Robby71 »

Probably add another £100 for painting on top