Blue GT Montani Alloy wheel colour

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
mogwai
New
Drives: 2015 Polo Blue Gt

Blue GT Montani Alloy wheel colour

Post by mogwai »

I have the Anthracite Montani wheels on my BlueGT. Does anyone know any info on the paint code or similar for the anthracite ones. Or a company that can fix them and are able to match the colour as the guy that I have used before cannot match the colour.
Ricmondo
Gold Member
Drives: Polo Blue GT

Re: Blue GT Montani Alloy wheel colour

Post by Ricmondo »

I had the same problem. VW could not supply a paint code neither could any of the "we can match any car paint" companies. I was able to get the appropriate paint from http://www.smartexpress.co.uk/products/ ... Based.html.

It was made to order I think in Hong Kong. Took about a week, good paint, perfect match.

Hope this helps. :D
mogwai
New

Post by mogwai »

Just so I could compare it to the cost of repainting I asked the dealer for the price of a new wheel and they said £532 :shock:
mogwai
New

Post by mogwai »

Ricmondo Which colour did you order? Antracite?
Ricmondo
Gold Member

Post by Ricmondo »

Yes, you tell them the car and in our case the optional wheel colour and they magically find out what colour they need to mix, don't know how they do it but it works.

I was dubious after getting the run around from every other supplier but they do deliver the goods.
Kingg
New
Drives: Blue GT

Post by Kingg »

Ricmondo,

Just wanted to follow up your long term test on this paint?
I’ve just got a tiny bit of kerb rash (same wheels), which I can’t justify filling as sods law it will get scuffed again. So I’m going for a quick touch up with paint.

Is it still any good coming up to 2 years since your post?
Need I worry that it’s water based?

Thank you
mogwai
New

Post by mogwai »

I don't have the car anymore. But the paint was still fine when I switched to an up gti in March this year. You shouldn't need to worry about it being water based paint as they should clear coat over the top.
Ricmondo
Gold Member

Post by Ricmondo »

The paint has endured, preparation is the secret.

Take off any rough edges with a Dremmel making sure to feather the junction between scratch and intact. Sand until you have a smooth surface and then apply the paint generously. Next day sand any defects and apply a coat of lacquer. The secret is to seal the joint to stop moisture getting behind the lacquer and prevent alloy corrosion.

I had some bash and drive off panel damage repaired by Chips Away. They use a scanner to analyse the colour on site and then mix accordingly. The operative said there was no reason why he could not use to process to match the wheel paint. Food for thought.
peter_dk25
Silver Member

Post by peter_dk25 »

According to ETKA the colour code is Z49: https://www.lackstift24.de/Autolack-Spr ... N-GRAU-MET
Kingg
New

Post by Kingg »

Thanks for the replies guys.