DSG jerks and panorama pandemonium

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
[Julian]
New
Drives: 2015 Polo GTI DSG Blue silk

DSG jerks and panorama pandemonium

Post by [Julian] »

Hello people!

I'm aware that in the UK and probably everywhere else it's possible to spec the new GTI with a manual, but not in Finland. I therefore am a DSG jerk. Only joking.. Off topic. Probably would have spect mine with the DSG anyway.
Humor aside, my issue is or at least could be pretty serious. It's that when put in manual or sport mode and change gear up using the paddles under heavy acceleration, there's a massive jerk/judder/kick/whatever the car does. Doesn't seem to matter what gear or which rev range. It's a pretty violent jerk and I'm concerned that somethings going to give if somethings not done with it soon.
Need to talk to VW about issue when it goes in for a checkup for another reason, which conveniently brings me to said other reason: Panoramic sunroof. It seems (I'm confident it's not but sure does seem like) the glass part of the roof is loose. On cobbles or any other rough parts or bad roads etc the roof or some part of it specifically in the foreword right area makes a loud banging noise. Thoroughly annoying.

I also have that creaky accelerator skymera mentions.

Does anyone have same problems with DSG or anything else mentioned or could otherwise help in any way? It's really annoying not being able to do anything about these issues.

Still.. Absolutely love the car despite all kinds of other problems on top of these.

All help much appreciated!

Thanks people!
Bigfish99
New
Drives: GTI DSG

Re: DSG jerks and panorama pandemonium

Post by Bigfish99 »

Hey there, regarding your DSG jerk Ive noticed similar problems.... Paticularly notices mine going from 2/3 and 3/4 under heavy acceleration... also when the better weather was here I could hear it change when I had the windows down... Brought it to VW about this problem and they agreed it was a very jerky and aggressive and probably shouldnt be like that but where unable to tell as it didnt throw up any errors on the diagnostics... So one of the mechanics there knew a guy who had one and test drove his... got back to me the next day and told me his was the same too so they just assumed it was the norm. Though since i got my cat-back exhaust I can no longer hear the jerkyness... Though i can still feel the judder. Not letting it bother me now as they have told me its fine, and if it breaks its on their warrenty and im already on file for bringing the issue to their attention previous so yeah.

My thoughts where maybe as when the car is in sport mode it shifts seamlessly and no jerk or clunk because it knows itself when its gona shift gears... though when in manual mode shifting yourself your surprising the car in a way by when you tell it to shift if that makes sense... That being said my fathers R32 is DSG and in manual mode no jerk like our polo... so ive no idea

I dont even think im making sense anymore haha... hope this helps in someway! Cheers.
[Julian]
New
Drives: 2015 Polo GTI DSG Blue silk

Post by [Julian] »

Thanks for the reply Fishman. It's nice to know I'm not alone with this problem, for some reason. Even nicer to know (for some reason) that there are loads more people suffering from the same problem, and in other cars than polos. Went on Reddit and typed DSG jerk or something and there were many threads by people with golfs and jettas at least, who have the same problem.
Some of them said stuff like VW being able to reset the box and that helping, or other solutions. It was reassuring to know we're not the only ones.
It is strange though, that the box could be "surprised" by the driver changing gear up under heavy acceleration. You would have thought it would be prepared with the next gear selected. It defenetly is prepared when in automatic mode, so why not when in manual?
Oh-well.. I'm just happy a lot of other people have problems too. Only joking.
benzinkopf
Gold Member
Drives: 1.2TSI 105HP DSG7

Post by benzinkopf »

From my experience with DSG7 0AM (almost 5years/185k km mileage), try to rev up and maintain your gas pedal for 1sec before you shift up. It seems like the mechatronics need your leg to be constant on gas slightly before shifting. With that practice, i think i dont have the smoothest shifting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
benzinkopf
Gold Member
Drives: 1.2TSI 105HP DSG7

Post by benzinkopf »

benzinkopf wrote:From my experience with DSG7 0AM (almost 5years/185k km mileage), try to rev up and maintain your gas pedal for 1sec before you shift up. It seems like the mechatronics need your leg to be constant on gas slightly before shifting. With that practice, i think i have the smoothest shifting.

MczZippy
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI 6C - Flash Red

Post by MczZippy »

There a bit like driving the asg in the Citigo, you need to lift of slightly when shifting, same as a manual, but in a manual you do it without thinking. Try changing up in a manual with out lifting off the gas.....you get a similar jerk :) I had a 1.4 tsi fabia vrs, this did the same until I learn how to drive it.... compared with my old discovery auto, where you could keep your foot to the floor and was smooth as butter