Drives: '16 Polo GTI

Owner review of the 6R Polo GTI

Post by billypaulmason »

SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: Owner review of the 6R Polo GTI

Post by SRGTD »

Glad you're enjoying your GTI. Didn't realise that there was a setting to display an analogue clock on the infotainment screen until I watched your video. Have now turned mine on! :)
attim
New
Drives: 2016 6c GTI in black

Post by attim »

Nice review indeed. Some comments:
- the DSG choice is yours for sure, but the most important aspect is that DSG is limited to 250Nm of torque. With manual you get 320 which is massive 70Nm more. This is the reason for manual gearbox apart from other things
- the Sport option kit is not only about DSG sport mode. Most important feature is adaptive dampers, also sharpened throttle response and adjusted steering weight

So for me, the best and cheapest Polo GTI is standard manual version with Sport mode button.
Anyway enjoy your car :)
JoeMarano
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo Gti 6C

Post by JoeMarano »

It's also a 6C not a 6R ;)

Here's mine for a comparison (this was one of my first videos)

https://youtu.be/GGC6R5jiZSY
billypaulmason
New

Post by billypaulmason »

Thanks for all the comments guys, I do realise you can spec the DCC, but the DSG has its own 'sport' mode, I get that it probably didn't come across like that in the video.

As for the torque, I've seen people getting 210nm running fine on the normal clutch packs, after which upgraded ones would look like the way to go.

Thanks for all the comments and I'm going to have some challenges and how to's coming out soon.

Thanks!

- Billy
billypaulmason
New

Re: RE: Re: Owner review of the 6R Polo GTI

Post by billypaulmason »

SRGTD wrote:Glad you're enjoying your GTI. Didn't realise that there was a setting to display an analogue clock on the infotainment screen until I watched your video. Have now turned mine on! :)
Only way I know is because my infotainment was off when I took delivery! Now we know I guess hahaha [emoji12]

- Billy