Benzinkopf's 2012 VW POLO 6R MK5 1.2TSI 105HP DSG

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
benzinkopf
Gold Member
Drives: 1.2TSI 105HP DSG7

Re: Benzinkopf's 2012 VW POLO 6R MK5 1.2TSI 105HP DSG

Post by benzinkopf »

Correct. Technically, the replica is design to match original model with plug-n-play wiring so its easy for the end-user. But from the reflector design, it seems identical to the OEM. Again, I dont know. I doubt my friends are willing to do the extra works to just get the cornering lights in headlight anyway.
ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Post by ciclo »

I think it is not worth getting complicated with the installation of these headlights for cornering lights. In this case the cornering lights are better via fog lamps.
Manufacture an adapter harness T10 ---> T10 (with all wires) to include the diode in T10/10--->T10/10 (to avoid damaging the original wiring) and solved to do the tests.
benzinkopf
Gold Member

Post by benzinkopf »

Just got the headlights (pictures later) and I plan to try to understand the internal wiring of the headlamps especially how they wired the high beam bulb, xenon shutter, +xenon power at the same time.

btw, i've questions regarding the DRL wiring proposal:
1. As these replica is using xenon system with the ballast etc, is it necessary to modify Byte 18 so that BCM knows it's operating a xenon system? Ive read somewhere that without that, there will be higher current draw due to xenon ballast, instead of normal halogen and this gonna have effects somehow? If yes, how do i know the exact coding for such? especially BCM 087.
2. If we upgrade to BCM max, and use T73b/3 + T73a/5 for DRLs + Side Lights (without PIN12 = T73b/6, T73b/5 for PWM), does it means the system will operate like OEM Bixenon only without the dimming function? And again, do we need to change byte 18 as well for the BCM to operate the headlights as in OEM Bixenon?
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Sooner or later you/they will have problems with those headlights, it's better to buy the original bixenon headlights.

The important thing is not that they work, the important thing is that they do it correctly (OEM), for your safety and that of other drivers.

The Byte18 is not the only one involved in the operation of the lights. Byte11/0, 21/0, 22/4, :twisted: etc ... but you already know that I do not support these matters (NO OEM). The manufacturers of these headlamps are responsible for their correct functioning.

I still do not understand how people buy 'things' without knowing how to install them. :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: Anyway, if you install those headlights, do a tutorial about it ... i'll be interested in reading it. :wink:
benzinkopf
Gold Member

Post by benzinkopf »

ciclo wrote:Sooner or later you/they will have problems with those headlights, it's better to buy the original bixenon headlights.

The important thing is not that they work, the important thing is that they do it correctly (OEM), for your safety and that of other drivers.

The Byte18 is not the only one involved in the operation of the lights. Byte11/0, 21/0, 22/4, :twisted: etc ... but you already know that I do not support these matters (NO OEM). The manufacturers of these headlamps are responsible for their correct functioning.

I still do not understand how people buy 'things' without knowing how to install them. :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: Anyway, if you install those headlights, do a tutorial about it ... i'll be interested in reading it. :wink:
Ive my experience with these before. Hence the move to upgrade the bcm and retrofit oem. But as you said, i can only suggest to ppl to buy oem and its their decision on their own plus these replicas are coming in here alot. Ppl think when a seller sell this with installation, they re all okay. Our customer rights here honestly not that EU level i guess. What im trying to do is just helping friends who got these and only found out their warning light keep coming on.

I dont even plan to write installation procedures for these parts because thats not my intention. My questions are more into the electronics understanding and input which i think is good to be shared.

For instance, i do think operating double high beams with one pointing to the side with cornering lights reflector is th right move. Thats why I'm trying to understand the diagram to disable one. At least, for those who already bought these, can continue use the "casing" and operate as their dual headlights H7 like oem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Your questions do not have a clear answer because those NO OEM headlights are not designed like the original ones (H7 or Bixenon). You will have to do tests.
benzinkopf
Gold Member

Post by benzinkopf »

EDITED
ciclo wrote:Your questions do not have a clear answer because those NO OEM headlights are not designed like the original ones (H7 or Bixenon). You will have to do tests.
Thank you master. Btw. Just to confirm, the TFL pin 73a/5 and 73b/3 is using flat female terminal MCP2.8 right? With 1.0mm2 wire?

Last edited by benzinkopf on Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

benzinkopf wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:32 am TFL pin 73b/5 and 73b/6
:?: Check the BCM pin assignment again. :?
benzinkopf wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:32 am the TFL pin 73b/5 and 73b/6 is using flat female terminal MCP2.8 right?
MCP1.5
benzinkopf wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:32 am With 1.0mm2 wire?
It depends...

TFL beside fog lights ... 1.0mm2
TFL in Bixenon Headlights ... 0.5mm2
benzinkopf
Gold Member

Post by benzinkopf »

Sorry AGAIN!. Mixed up the TFL and Side Light Pins. I corrected the previous post so that no one will refer to a wrong statement!.
Btw,
Thank you Ciclo! Ordered MCP1.5 and will test the wiring soon. My first plan is to separate the Side Lights for Front and Rear Taillight and prepare the wiring for both TFL (T73a/5, T73b/3) and Side Lights PWM (T73b/5 and T73b/6). Haven't check the wiring requirement for AFS yet, maybe I should take the opportunities to prepare the wiring for OEM Headlights altogether.
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Yes, everything together at the same time will save you a lot of work. :wink:
benzinkopf
Gold Member

Post by benzinkopf »

Hi Everybody,sorry been busy since. :cry:
btw, just to update on my last modification to test the wiring to the replica chinese headlamps, I manage to get it works with the codings and wiring except the part of having double high beam mode, which i dont want to mess with internal wiring of the headlamps and wasting my energy to make it work as I'm going to retrofit original headlamps anyway.

here's the video of headlights operation

[youtube]https://youtu.be/dvjOAu9Rr6E[/youtube]

As this modification is not oem, I've to agree with most of the users here that I will not post any DIY or how I made it as it's not the right way to do it.
iichel
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

I think most people don't see the difference. Apart from that, if you're happy with it, I'm happy for you!
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Show us your current BCM coding. (curiosity only)
It is not to fix the Hight beam/Low beam combination of those non-original headlights.

Warning:
You must be careful with the arrangements you make with those headlights, the electrical installation could come out burning. Image
benzinkopf
Gold Member

Post by benzinkopf »

ciclo wrote:Show us your current BCM coding. (curiosity only)
It is not to fix the Hight beam/Low beam combination of those non-original headlights.

Warning:
You must be careful with the arrangements you make with those headlights, the electrical installation could come out burning. Image
Sure. Sorry. Forgot to update the bcm coding on the first post. btw. here’s the one i believe after the installation[emoji23]

3CB02BBF48A10E0013380EB07CAB9ED9D0C0673F608138D0200000030800

Wonder if Ciclo can help pin point to the wrong and suspicious code. But this is the code without any light bulb error. If i can remember, it was very hard for me last time to figure out the code for single wire that acts as parking light, small light and DRL at the same time. Remember, the headlights only have 10pin (with 8 wires)

benzinkopf
Gold Member

Post by benzinkopf »

iichel wrote:I think most people don't see the difference. Apart from that, if you're happy with it, I'm happy for you!
Yes iichel. its the same thing the owner of these headlights told me as he didnt care. but after installing it, and see the performance especially the light distribution, I’m not that happy knowing how the original parts work. [emoji1362]