Sport suspension on 6C - How?

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
joe6
Bronze Member
Drives: Golf Mk6 GTI (Scirocco gone) Polo 6c GTI

Sport suspension on 6C - How?

Post by joe6 »

Interested in finding out how the chassis setting is changed when in sport mode. I assumed that the dampers setting changed as in my previous Scirocco but there do not appear to be any electrical connections to the main body of the dampers for this to happen. Anyone explain it or is the VW handbook incorrect? :?
gregmkv
New
Drives: 2016 Polo 6c GTI DSG

Re: Sport suspension on 6C - How?

Post by gregmkv »

joe6 wrote:Interested in finding out how the chassis setting is changed when in sport mode. I assumed that the dampers setting changed as in my previous Scirocco but there do not appear to be any electrical connections to the main body of the dampers for this to happen. Anyone explain it or is the VW handbook incorrect? :?
"Each shock absorber is connected to a control which calculates the optimum setting for each wheel from the sensor data and other information received from the steering, braking, engine, transmission and driving assistance systems."

Source: http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/technology/ ... ontrol-dcc
joe6
Bronze Member

Post by joe6 »

Thanks gregmkv. The polo only has two settings unlike the DCC described. My Scirocco had three and the damper control wires were visible on the damper legs. The valving on the dampers changed electrically for each setting. Could not see any control wires for the polo dampers when the wheels were off. That is why I asked the question about chassis control. The handbook certainly implies the damper rate does change but cannot see how that is controlled.
JoeMarano
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo Gti 6C

Post by JoeMarano »

Just open the bonnet. Where you would normally put a strut brace on (strut towers) you can clearly see something electrical going down to where the dampers are.
joe6
Bronze Member

Post by joe6 »

JoeMarano wrote:Just open the bonnet. Where you would normally put a strut brace on (strut towers) you can clearly see something electrical going down to where the dampers are.
Thanks Joe. All now understood. :oops:
JoeMarano
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo Gti 6C

Post by JoeMarano »

No worries. I noticed it ever since I made my first youtube video on my Polo gti :)