Gti tuning box

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Mikeyander5on
Getting There!
Drives: VW Polo GTI 6c

Gti tuning box

Post by Mikeyander5on »

Anybody seen the dtuk tuning boxes. Looking online they sound decent just wanting anyone with experience of them. Don't fancy doing a map because of warranty looking for an alternative to increase power.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
peter_dk25
Silver Member
Drives: Blue GT

Re: Gti tuning box

Post by peter_dk25 »

Try a little search on UK-Polos for a start - you will find almost everything here if you take your time. But I admit that it's easier just to make a new topic :(
jacksb7
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI 6C

Post by jacksb7 »

Been running mine for just over a year and it's honestly been one of the best £400 I've spent. Makes a huge difference to the car both in terms of performance and economy (on a 6C GTI).

It feels much quicker, they certainly aren't exaggerating with the BHP & Torque figures given, 0-60 is noticeably quicker, the rapid increase in speed between 30-80 is fantastic as well and obviously having the extra power overall means that the car pushes on for longer and doesn't hit a wall at 110/115 as it did previously.

With regards to the economy, obviously I'm talking about when you're actually driving sensibly. I struggled to get over 40mpg previously even doing motorway miles whereas now most journeys over 15 miles or so are comfortably 40mpg or above unless I'm really pushing the car.

There is a guy on here called Adam (dtuk_polo is his username) and he works for DTUK so could give you the technical information much better than I could, I can only go on how the car feels comparatively to without the box.
Mikeyander5on
Getting There!

Re: RE: Re: Gti tuning box

Post by Mikeyander5on »

jacksb7 wrote:Been running mine for just over a year and it's honestly been one of the best £400 I've spent. Makes a huge difference to the car both in terms of performance and economy (on a 6C GTI).

It feels much quicker, they certainly aren't exaggerating with the BHP & Torque figures given, 0-60 is noticeably quicker, the rapid increase in speed between 30-80 is fantastic as well and obviously having the extra power overall means that the car pushes on for longer and doesn't hit a wall at 110/115 as it did previously.

With regards to the economy, obviously I'm talking about when you're actually driving sensibly. I struggled to get over 40mpg previously even doing motorway miles whereas now most journeys over 15 miles or so are comfortably 40mpg or above unless I'm really pushing the car.

There is a guy on here called Adam (dtuk_polo is his username) and he works for DTUK so could give you the technical information much better than I could, I can only go on how the car feels comparatively to without the box.
Thanks alot [emoji106] I'll send him a message havnt seen a ything bad about these so far so thinking of going for one. Did you do the fit yourself or get them to do it?

jacksb7
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI 6C

Re: RE: Re: Gti tuning box

Post by jacksb7 »

Mikeyander5on wrote: Thanks alot [emoji106] I'll send him a message havnt seen a ything bad about these so far so thinking of going for one. Did you do the fit yourself or get them to do it?

No worries. My brothers a mechanic so he fitted it for me, it didn't look like it was a particularly complicated job though.
Dink
Platinum Member
Drives: 2015 GTI

Post by Dink »

if it's your car then i'd look into the way they work and weigh up the pros and cons of fitting a tuning box over a proper remap

if it's just a rental then crack on :lol:

also take what adam dtuk says with a pinch of salt as he seemed to think the dsg in the polo was basically the same as the one they fit to the audi s3

there are also different makes out there so you might want to look about see which is best
ASneakyHippo
New
Drives: 2017 Polo GTI DSG

Post by ASneakyHippo »

Very tempted 8) Just worried about the DSG!
Mikeyander5on
Getting There!

Post by Mikeyander5on »

What are the best maps that can be taken off without it being tracked. I only know of blue fin but not sure they have anything for the 6c gti

dtuk_polo
New
Drives: DTUK Tuned Polo GTI

Post by dtuk_polo »

Dink wrote:if it's your car then i'd look into the way they work and weigh up the pros and cons of fitting a tuning box over a proper remap

also take what adam dtuk says with a pinch of salt as he seemed to think the dsg in the polo was basically the same as the one they fit to the audi s3

there are also different makes out there so you might want to look about see which is best

Hi Dink,

The DSG in the Polo is not the equivalent to the Audi S3/Golf R DSG.

The Polos gearbox is the DQ200 not the DQ350 found in the 2.0 TSI platform.

The DQ200 is more than capable of running the power. I have been running 268ftlb for the past 35,000 miles in the past 12 months. No issues at all.

If any of you have questions then feel free to give me a shout and i'll be happy to help... or drop me an email Adam@dtuk-performance.co.uk
joe6
Bronze Member
Drives: Golf Mk6 GTI (Scirocco gone) Polo 6c GTI

Post by joe6 »

The 6c dsg is as MQ350 and the dsg is a DQ200 so rated at 350 Nm (258ftlbs). It will take more as long as it is used with care. The weak point of the dsg is the dry clutches on the 7 speed versions. (There is a 6 speed version with a wet clutch on earlier models)
Dink
Platinum Member

Post by Dink »

dtuk_polo wrote:
Dink wrote:if it's your car then i'd look into the way they work and weigh up the pros and cons of fitting a tuning box over a proper remap

Hi Dink,

The DSG in the Polo is not the equivalent to the Audi S3/Golf R DSG.

The Polos gearbox is the DQ200 not the DQ350 found in the 2.0 TSI platform.

The DQ200 is more than capable of running the power. I have been running 268ftlb for the past 35,000 miles in the past 12 months. No issues at all.

If any of you have questions then feel free to give me a shout and i'll be happy to help... or drop me an email Adam@dtuk-performance.co.uk
i know there not the same and never did claim they were unlike yourself previously but hey ho

i'm just here letting people know there are pro's and con's to both
joe6 wrote:The 6c dsg is as MQ350 and the dsg is a DQ200 so rated at 350 Nm (258ftlbs). It will take more as long as it is used with care. The weak point of the dsg is the dry clutches on the 7 speed versions. (There is a 6 speed version with a wet clutch on earlier models)
the manual is rated for 350Nm and the dsg is rated for 250Nm. there is a reason behind the dsg having a lower torque than the manual.

i know i'd rather pay for an new clutch in a manual than pay for a new dsg box
JoeMarano
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo Gti 6C

Post by JoeMarano »

Manual is "only " rated to 350nm? Sod tuning the 6C full stop then!

That said I was only really planning on tyredls !nd brakes anyway a stage 1 map when the warranty runs out would be nice but not vital.
Scott Bounce
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo 6C GTi

Post by Scott Bounce »

Dink wrote: i know there not the same and never did claim they were unlike yourself previously but hey ho
He'll deny it, wouldn't be surprised if he's deleted/edited the post. Got a habit of doing that the little weapon that he is.
Dink
Platinum Member

Post by Dink »

Scott Bounce wrote:
Dink wrote: i know there not the same and never did claim they were unlike yourself previously but hey ho
He'll deny it, wouldn't be surprised if he's deleted/edited the post. Got a habit of doing that the little weapon that he is.
oh yeah sounds like you know adam well :lol: :lol:
gregmkv
New
Drives: 2016 Polo 6c GTI DSG

Post by gregmkv »

Dink wrote:oh yeah sounds like you know adam well :lol: :lol:
Haha!

I'd strongly recommend you think about this before you drop over £300 on something that could void your engine, turbo and gearbox warranty!

What if you were involved in an accident because something went wrong with your car (and it was still in warranty) and you couldn't open the bonnet - how would you remove the box then?