Polo GTI 2015 Heater Vent Rattle

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
yorkshire devil
New
Drives: 2015 Polo 1.8GTI

Polo GTI 2015 Heater Vent Rattle

Post by yorkshire devil »

I have a rattle which starts around 2000 RPM. It seems to be coming from the heater vents. Has anyone had this problem before? Any ideas what it could be? Can is a 2015 Polo 6R 1.8GTI.
yorkshire devil
New
Drives: 2015 Polo 1.8GTI

Re: Polo GTI 2015 Heater Vent Rattle

Post by yorkshire devil »

Does any one have thoughts on this one? Still does it under heavy load around. 2000rpm.
john_m
New
Drives: POLO GTI 6C pure white 5dr manual

Post by john_m »

yes had this problem on my 2015 gti, trust me leave it well alone took my car into the retailers about the same problem so many times ive lost count now. every time i would be told its been sorted, but they just put felt tape around stuff behind the dash, in the end they made the rattle worse and broke something in the process so my car needs a complete new dash now.

have been told by two differant vw garages that the rattling is due to the characteristics of the car due to the firm susspension = crap build quaility
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

Worst squeaks/rattles I find in my wife's August 2015 Polo 1.2TSI 110 SEL is, the two stupid bezels or rings that surround the rev counter and speedo, these bits seem to be clipped into the hard section of dash pod, but touch the soft surround and hood part, just another stupid stupid oversight by Volkswagen, they are really good at getting simple things wrong!
jammydodger
Silver Member
Drives: 6R GTI

Post by jammydodger »

When I had this issue on my car (started at around 1700rpm) they diagnosed it to loose fuel lines, they re-clipped them and the noise went away.
john_m
New
Drives: POLO GTI 6C pure white 5dr manual

Post by john_m »

differant with the gti's tho compared to standard polo's the suspension is a lot stiffer which is causing the dash to rattle 'according to two retailers' , mine started behind the dials they fixed that with felt tape then started behind glove box they put a new glove box in, then the vents started to rattle said the air con leads were lose then finally took it to another retailer where was told one of the support brakes had been broken and so now i need a whole new dash fitted.