Bronze Member
Drives: 6C GTI

Re: Polo 6C GTI CH/LH lights

Post by JaegerStriker »

cheba wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:13 pm
Andy1273 wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:50 pm
JaegerStriker wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:15 pm thats what has me stumped

i have no idea what would need to be changed in vcds to enable it
Me too, I've looked into several electrical retro fits but all seem to need this vcds update. C/H L/H feature, footwell lights, rear camera ....I'm guessing I'd need the items fitted and also programming into the car so the car knows that they are installed? So it's finding somewhere to get them fitted with vcds updating too.
To me it seems like that light switch kit is still a third-party solution because it uses its own light sensor, not the one installed in the car like an OEM installation would. So I would imagine the logic lies in the light switch itself and it's not using the logic in the BCM, that's why I think it sounds strange that it would need VCDS coding.

For the 6R, there are kits available with an Auto light switch and a separate third-party light sensor, and these kits do not require coding. I'd imagine that would also be true for third-party kits for the 6C.
from what ive read the coding is specific to the CH/LH part. it should give auto lights straight from the box just the CH/LH needs coding
muscles1960
New
Drives: 1.8 GTI 2017

Re: Polo 6C GTI CH/LH lights

Post by muscles1960 »

Hi everyone. Been reading much about 3rd party auto light retrofit kits. However, can't seem to find auto switch kit which has red backlighting to match GTI. Polo switch is apparently compatible with Golf Mk7 - part number 5GG941431BD.
Does anyone know of such a kit? Thanks for any help.