Black 6R Progression Thread (pic heavy)

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Ash6R
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo 1.2 TSI SEL

Re: Black 6R Progression Thread (pic heavy)

Post by Ash6R »

Yeah im also interested in 6C bumper on the 6R. Where did you buy the bumper from since i've been trying to source one down for a while.

BTW the car is looking mad :D
EdwardBall
New
Drives: Lowered Polo 6R

Post by EdwardBall »

Fitting a 6C bumper on a 6R is a simple one, you just need to go to TPS or VW and order parts 6C6 807 393B and 6C6 807 394B. When I got my 6C GTI bumper on, TPS prices were £35.42 for the both of them, so not bad at all. They're brackets for each side, since they changed the fitting of the 6R and 6C bumper, so you need to change the corresponding brackets. I managed to pick up my 6C bumper for under £200 in very usable condition, with diffuser included, but it did take at least a month of keen eBaying :D
Ash6R
Bronze Member

Post by Ash6R »

I found this rear bumper for the 6C GTI but im not sure if its a genuine one, the diffuser looks a bit odd but other than that it looks fairly standard.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-VW-POLO-G ... Swc-tY1PvP
EdwardBall
New
Drives: Lowered Polo 6R

Post by EdwardBall »

Funnily enough I had been in contact with that seller prior to finding my bumper. They are not genuine, which may or may not be an issue for you, depending on preference. My issue was I needed one with a twin exhaust to the left, and was not prepared to have my exhaust rebuilt again to fit the bumper. AFAIK he was waiting for a shipment of dual-left exhaust bumpers, but perhaps that's fallen through. Personally I'd wait it out for a decent genuine 2nd hand one, or take the plunge and order one through VW.
Ash6R
Bronze Member

Post by Ash6R »

Thanks for the info, i'll probably just wait for a few months and see if any pop up.
mattykenny27
New
Drives: 6R

Post by mattykenny27 »

Cheers for the help, the mad eBay search starts now :)
George_6r
New
Drives: 1.2 S 6r

Post by George_6r »

I use the same JOM blueline coilovers as you and I run 16" lenso wheels and have found that even with the coils wound all the way down the car isn't as low as I had hoped, when you removed the adjusters how did you secure the springs in place permanently?
D7VXD
New

Post by D7VXD »

George_6r wrote:I use the same JOM blueline coilovers as you and I run 16" lenso wheels and have found that even with the coils wound all the way down the car isn't as low as I had hoped, when you removed the adjusters how did you secure the springs in place permanently?
cable ties lol
Last edited by D7VXD on Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
D7VXD
New

Post by D7VXD »

UPDATE:

(28/03/17) Gave the car it first proper clean in forever and it was looking as sexy as ever. (Instagram is 'davidthmpsn' suggest u follow it 8) )

(29/03/17) Sprayed the dash VW's "reflex silver" as the interior needed a change.

(10/04/17) Installed a new handbrake cover and shift boot to go with the silver dash.

(18/04/17) Also been keeping this quiet in case someone beat me to it :roll: (theres a guy in Germany thats already done it cry)
but I love the MK6 GTI seats from the golf so managed to finally snatch myself a set and began fitting them yesterday. Obviously not a straight swap because they never are, although with a few modifications they fit nicely and look even better.
Last edited by D7VXD on Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
D7VXD
New

Post by D7VXD »

UPDATE:

(17/05/17) Car looking pretty parked up.

(19/05/17) My brake pads were in DESPERATE need of replacing. So spent a couple of hours replacing them and the disks too.

Although ran into problems with my wheels not being able to clear the brake calipers with the new pads so have to throw my stock wheels on until I got spacers.

(15/06/17) Got last minute tickets for a clubstand spot at Kulturschock on the 25th June 2017.

(17/06/17) Had to plan getting the car cleaned etc by next week. Started giving the interior a good going over so hopefully it won't need a big clean next week.

Still absolutely in love with the GTI seats. look so good.
probably give this another update in a few weeks time after the show etc :)
libb22ya
New
Drives: 6C

Post by libb22ya »

I'm not a 'car-person', but it doesn't stop me admiring someone who is keen and very knowledgable, and who doesn't just gloss ove detail.
Compliments.
I am interested in your foot pedals. They look to get over the double problem of being too far apart and too high.
Where did you get them from, please ? And not going to fit them myself, is VW dealer best bet ?
BenTitmas
New

Post by BenTitmas »

libb22ya wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:48 pm I'm not a 'car-person', but it doesn't stop me admiring someone who is keen and very knowledgable, and who doesn't just gloss ove detail.
Compliments.
I am interested in your foot pedals. They look to get over the double problem of being too far apart and too high.
Where did you get them from, please ? And not going to fit them myself, is VW dealer best bet ?
I have these same pedals on my polo 6r. They are from an Audi A1 and are a simple straight fit which could be performed by a one at all - I did however struggle to get the brake pedal on properly but persevered and managed in the end. The brake and clutch pedals have OEM covers which pull of and are replaced by the new aluminium ones however the accelerator one simply clips over the top of the original OEM piece. The part number is: 8X2064200. I managed to get mine for £15 from eBay; better deals may be available elsewhere but I’m not sure.