UPGRADING BCM 6R

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
govindsharma
Bronze Member
Drives: polo 1.2 petrol HighLine

Re: UPGRADING BCM 6R

Post by govindsharma »

Dear Ciclo Sir Good Evening
I had connected fog lights with DRLS all are working as you had said like when light switch in off conditions DRLS are glowing.When i engage hand breaks it off. When i turn on indicator of either side it turns off. But mt question is can it will work in auto position and when headlights turns on.

Thank you.
ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Post by ciclo »

iichel wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:21 pm Do the options 2 and 3 also work with halogen DRL?
Yes. :lol:
govindsharma wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:09 pm Dear Ciclo Sir Good Evening
I had connected fog lights with DRLS all are working as you had said like when light switch in off conditions DRLS are glowing.When i engage hand breaks it off. When i turn on indicator of either side it turns off.

Thank you.
Perfect! :wink:
govindsharma wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:09 pm But mt question is can it will work in auto position and when headlights turns on.
The function of daytime running lights is for your 6R can be seen by others. For example by distracted pedestrians :mrgreen: or other drivers.

So, what's the sense of the daytime lights if you already have all the lights on? either by the automatic light system or by the light switch.
They have no sense.

For you understand, with bixenon headlights the LED module shares two functions, parking/side lights and daytime lights, when the headlights are turned on only the parking/side lights work throught the led module.
govindsharma
Bronze Member

Post by govindsharma »

Dear Sir good evening thank you it is working well 110% actually i had made this changes under roof and when i put light switch to auto mode drls are not working so i have to put put switch to manual mode. but it is working in auto mode also when lights are off.Thanks again dear for this.

Thank you.
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Logically ... :wink:

Good job! any pic of this installation?
govindsharma
Bronze Member

Post by govindsharma »

ciclo wrote:Logically ... :wink:

Good job! any pic of this installation?
These are a pictures of my Installation.

Drls with auto headlights on in day time.
Drls with auto headlights on in night time.
Drls with left and right indicator on.
Drls also working with hand break on or off but I had not activated this function.

ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

govindsharma
Bronze Member

Post by govindsharma »

Hello Dears please tell what following image indicates.

What this yellow light indicates in tacho meter ?
1.Image
In following image refuel digital indicator indicate that there is 5 liter left for full tank but in niddle shows there is more space available in tank.I think niddle is right because there is 10 to 15 liter left to full the tank. Dears can we calibrate this.My car fuel tank is 45 liters.Thanks in advance.
2 Image
3. How can we test speed sensing volume in radio 6RD 035 187 A.Either we have to activate or it is activated default.
iichel
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

The yellow light indicates something is wrong with the lighting (broken light, wrong light bulb, wrong coding). Just like the normal 6R cluster.
There are some ways to adjust the fuel curve with i.e. VDOEditor, but you need to read the eeprom from the cluster, so to disassemble the cluster.
benzinkopf
Gold Member
Drives: 1.2TSI 105HP DSG7

Post by benzinkopf »

i think the digital refuel figure is showing how much liter u have used. so the term “refuel” means how much liter u need to refuel to get back to “full” state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

govindsharma wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:27 pm What this yellow light indicates in tacho meter ?
1.Image
Autoscan :?:
govindsharma
Bronze Member

Post by govindsharma »

Dear Good Morning it is now ok actually i had taken my car to service center and service person changes some coding i think thats why yellow light glows.Now i had changed coding with that one which you had given and all works fine.But there are two questions also please give your opinion on that.

Thank you.
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

govindsharma wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:01 am Dear Good Morning it is now ok actually i had taken my car to service center and service person changes some coding i think thats why yellow light glows.Now i had changed coding with that one which you had given and all works fine.But there are two questions also please give your opinion on that.

Thank you.
Ok. It is normal that this happens, not everyone has to understand the high level of equipments on your 6R IND installed. :wink:

(Btw, TPMS :?: :lol: )
govindsharma wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:27 pm In following image refuel digital indicator indicate that there is 5 liter left for full tank but in niddle shows there is more space available in tank.I think niddle is right because there is 10 to 15 liter left to full the tank. Dears can we calibrate this.My car fuel tank is 45 liters.Thanks in advance.
2 https://s1.postimg.org/1w9ipykmv3/fuel.jpg
NO, even with editors.
Volume to be replenish is an option disabled from the factory in 6R with MFA +.
govindsharma wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:27 pm 3. How can we test speed sensing volume in radio 6RD 035 187 A.Either we have to activate or it is activated default.
https://s1.postimg.org/34zy784bv3/console.jpg
Speed-dependent volume increase
This modifies the intrusion level in the volume increase depending on the speed.
For example, if you set it to the maximum, you can easily verify that the faster you drive the more the volume increases.

You set the start-up volume, and from here the radio calculates how much the volume has to goes up depending on the speed. Remember that at higher speed greater engine noises, aerodynamic noises, etc ... so this function is useful to mitigate in your head/ears these external noises by increasing the radio volume.
So at the end of a trip you end up with an anesthetized hearing. :mrgreen:
govindsharma
Bronze Member

Re: UPGRADING BCM 6R & TPMS

Post by govindsharma »

Hello Ciclo Dear
I am going to attempt wiring for TPMS. Sir Please tell me there are 4 wire present in TPMS wiring two for power and two for CAN line.Please tell me is it right wiring ?

1. 1 wire goes to +30 fuse in my case it is SB44A.
2. 2 power cable to earthing either at trunk or on steering.
3. 3 CAN high wire to either old CAN wire which i had released from 28 Pin of IC or the New CAN wire that i has pinned to 28 Pin of IC.
4. 4 CAN Low wire to either old CAN wire which i had released from 29 Pin of IC or the Nwe CAN wire that i had pinned to 28 Pin of IC.

Dear I have doubt in 3 and 4 wire where to connect it either ner or old CAN wire.Second can you please tell me can there is +30 connector or wire present in car trunk.

Thank you.
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

govindsharma wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:47 pm
3. 3 CAN high wire to either old CAN wire which i had released from 28 Pin of IC or the New CAN wire that i has pinned to 28 Pin of IC.
4. 4 CAN Low wire to either old CAN wire which i had released from 29 Pin of IC or the Nwe CAN wire that i had pinned to 28 Pin of IC.
Think.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Address 10: Park/Steer Assist (J446) Labels: 7E0-919-475.clb
Part No SW: 7E0 919 475 K HW: 1Q0 919 475
Component: PARKHILFE 4K H03 0106
Revision: -------- Serial number: 35821404004439
Coding: 308001
Shop #: WSC 12345 123 12345
ASAM Dataset: EV_VW75XParkAssis4K 001004
ROD: EV_VW75XParkAssis4K.rod
VCID: 3A7B588EBD9EB392AE-806E

No fault code found.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
govindsharma wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:47 pm Second can you please tell me can there is +30 connector or wire present in car trunk.
It is best you use b slot of fuse 17 and install a 5 amp fuse. (installation guide for BCM, etc ... WL0 image)
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

This powertrain CAN line is in the trunk harness that crosses from side to side if your 6R have PDC installed (it must showed in Autoscan*), so it is perfect for this installation.

*Note (to others thar read this): some PDC units (low level) installed in some 6R are no connected via CAN line. Not is your case govind.

I insist, connect the power wire to the fuse box as I indicated (SB17b), and put a 5A fuse, your installation will be safer. Do not take/tap the power from another wire in the trunk. You will need a JPT terminal to insert it into the fuse box because I think the TPMS wiring from aliexpress don't have a JPT terminal crimped.
iichel
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

if the PDC is on the autoscan, it's connected to CAN :)