Bluegt manual to auto swap

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
d-ash
Getting There!
Drives: 6C 2016 R-Line 1.2 90PS - Blue Silk

Re: Bluegt manual to auto swap

Post by d-ash »

Be wary of maintenance/servicing costs on car with DSG box

Great fun to drive with those instant gear changes !!
d-ash
Getting There!
Drives: 6C 2016 R-Line 1.2 90PS - Blue Silk

Re: Blue gt manual to auto swap

Post by d-ash »

Treat DSG with respect. Can be very expensive if they go wrong. I had a Golf DSG for 3 years, but luckily no issues (apart from refusal to provide traction in either 1st or reverse once when on gravel).
Willni
Silver Member
Drives: Polo '14 6R, Golf 07' Edition 30

Post by Willni »

plumpton wrote:
Be wary of maintenance/servicing costs on car with DSG box
I think the 6r dsg box has to have an oil and filter change every 40k miles. Is there anything else I don't know about regarding the dsg box servicing and maintenance.

Yeah pretty much the same with all VW DSG, really it's every 2-3 years when you look at it mileage wise.

If you want a manual and she can't get the clutch you could change out the clutch for a more non-organic one will have a better bite and be heavier. Personally I think the DSG is lacking and you don't feel like you're going any speed even at high rpm, yet others say they're great and very quick. Maybe I couldn't get used to it.
Ricmondo
Gold Member
Drives: Polo Blue GT

Post by Ricmondo »

The BGT DSG is a seven speed box that is entirely different to the troublesome six speeder. It seems to be very reliable. Having tried both variants I consider the DSG to be vastly superior to the manual both performance wise and in respect of driving pleasure. After driving manual cars with every possible configuration over far too many years I never thought I'd buy, let alone enjoy an auto. I was wrong but as others have pointed out it is a personal thing, not everybody is adaptable.
onepointfourbeast
New
Drives: Polo GTI 6R

Post by onepointfourbeast »

The 7 speed DSG box used in the polo has a dry clutch so no oil changes needed

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Some do find the DSG takes a little while to get used to, but once they do, many don't go back to a manual. IMO, the DSG comes into its own if much of your driving is in built up areas in stop/start traffic; no more left foot exercise on the clutch pedal!

Enjoy your new car :)
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Good to hear you're enjoying it!
PeterWestSussex
New
Drives: 1.2 TSI 110 SEL DSG in white, 2015

Post by PeterWestSussex »

plumpton wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:58 pm</s>
<br/> The dsg gearbox is amazing .... I'm enjoying the extra features in my new car .... climate control .
Quite agree re DSG gearbox ... BUT to make a quick and safe pull-away at junctions and roundabouts where the stop/start has operated, the engine has to first re-start. The reviewer in this past weekend's Daily Telegraph called this aspect a 'horrible' feature of the new Polo. Solution? Perhaps override the S/S every time you start up the car? What's your solution plumpton?

Climate control: Have you noticed how the system switches to recirculate for 30 secs if you screen wash and Climate is on? Driver's manual says it's to prevent smell of washer fluid entering the cabin! What's next? !
Last edited by PeterWestSussex on Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.