Audi TT ronal alloys

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Mark-k
New
Drives: 2012 1.2 tdi match

Audi TT ronal alloys

Post by Mark-k »

Evening guys, just wondering if any of you know if Audi TT ronal alloys will fit my 2012 polo 6r, any help and info is appreciated, cheers, mark.
PoloBlueGT
Bronze Member
Drives: Landrover Freelander

Re: Audi TT ronal alloys

Post by PoloBlueGT »

Hi mate I think the Audi Ronal wheels PCD is 5 x 112 whereas the Polo 6R PCD is 5 x 100.

Hope this helps
Mark-k
New

Post by Mark-k »

PoloBlueGT wrote:Hi mate I think the Audi Ronal wheels PCD is 5 x 112 whereas the Polo 6R PCD is 5 x 100.

Hope this helps
thanks, I was led to believe they were 5x100 by the seller but I'll do a bit more searching for info.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Are the Ronal wheels the six spoke design that was fitted to the mk1 Audi TT? If so, then the bolt pattern for the mk1 Audi TT is 5x100, so should have the same bolt pattern as the 6r/6c Polo. Mk2 and 3 TT''s had a 5x112 bolt pattern.

I think Ronals are 17" diameter and the other specs for this wheel are;

Centre bore; 57.1 (same as the Polo)
Width; 7.5"
Offset; ET32

ET32 is quite an aggressive offset, so the wheels would stick out quite a bit more than your current wheels. Before you buy them, I'd recommend you check that they wouldn't stick out too far (protruding beyond the bodywork would be illegal and an MOT fail), and if you're lowered or considering lowering, check they won't give you rubbing issues when the tyres are fitted.

You can check how much further these wheels would protrude compared to your current wheels by using a wheel fitment calculator like the one at the link below;

http://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Wheel-Offset-Calculator

Fitting different wheels is classed as a modification for insurance purposes, so make sure you inform your insurer, otherwise you'll invalidate your insurance.
Mark-k
New

Post by Mark-k »

SRGTD wrote:Are the Ronal wheels the six spoke design that was fitted to the mk1 Audi TT? If so, then the bolt pattern for the mk1 Audi TT is 5x100, so should have the same bolt pattern as the 6r/6c Polo. Mk2 and 3 TT''s had a 5x112 bolt pattern.

I think Ronals are 17" diameter and the other specs for this wheel are;

Centre bore; 57.1 (same as the Polo)
Width; 7.5"
Offset; ET32

ET32 is quite an aggressive offset, so the wheels would stick out quite a bit more than your current wheels. Before you buy them, I'd recommend you check that they wouldn't stick out too far (protruding beyond the bodywork would be illegal and an MOT fail), and if you're lowered or considering lowering, check they won't give you rubbing issues when the tyres are fitted.

You can check how much further these wheels would protrude compared to your current wheels by using a wheel fitment calculator like the one at the link below;

http://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Wheel-Offset-Calculator

Fitting different wheels is classed as a modification for insurance purposes, so make sure you inform your insurer, otherwise you'll invalidate your insurance.
thanks for your reply, I decided against buying them after all.