Common faults

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
chrispy.
Gold Member

Common faults

Post by chrispy. »

Hello!

When I got my 2011 1.2 TSI, i was unaware that they may be faced with some common issues from VW, like the drivechain for example, or the distribution cap being in contact from rain.

I have had my Polo for 4 years now, and am now looking to move on to something newer. I have found a 2015 BlueGT for sale, but I was wondering..

Is there anything I should be aware of, and need to ask the dealer when enquiring about the vehicle?

Hope this makes sense,
Thanks
Chris.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
chrispy.
Gold Member

Re: Common faults

Post by chrispy. »

Anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
JohnNW
Getting There!

Post by JohnNW »

Just the usual - service history, accidents, hpi, etc.

I have a 2015 BlueGT and have had no problems apart from squeaking brakes (but the dealer seems to be deaf, so keeps telling me there's no issue!)
Mark-k
New
Drives: 2012 1.2 tdi match

Post by Mark-k »

JohnNW wrote: Sun May 07, 2017 8:28 pm Just the usual - service history, accidents, hpi, etc.

I have a 2015 BlueGT and have had no problems apart from squeaking brakes (but the dealer seems to be deaf, so keeps telling me there's no issue!)
ahh the old "squeaking brake" issue, mine is ridiculously bad but it doesn't effect brake performance, bloody annoying though!!
pipsyp
Getting There!
Drives: Pure White 6C GTi 3 door manual

Post by pipsyp »

I have an early 6C GTI and have had a couple of niggles with it, nothing you couldnt live with but annoying all the same.

My folding mirrors will unfold themselves at random intervals..so sometimes come back to the car to find them unfolded. I gather this isnt uncommon on the 6C.

I also have Discover Nav, its on an early firmware and I do get occasional glitches with it such as losing all media sources (well they are all there but no sound), parking and camera displays sometimes dont come up, front speakers lose sound and I have once had the system say the nav SD is missing. That said I had a newer Mk7 GTD with Discover Nav previously, was on newer firmware and was far more problematic....still had issues when it was updated. So yes I think the MIB2 infotainment units on these can be quirky.