Aircon weird noise

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Willni
Silver Member
Drives: Polo '14 6R, Golf 07' Edition 30

Aircon weird noise

Post by Willni »

Has this noise for a while now while I have the aircon on as soon as I hit the A/C button to turn it off it stops. The noise is a long drone like a 'bwauhhhhhh' (make silly noise time). Anyway any ideas on what's the problem? I can get it re-gassed no problem.

The aircon is strong pretty much two extremes either Revitalising Sahara Breeze or Refreshing Arctic Chill, or in none salesman term scald your face or freeze your b*******s off.
Mark-k
New
Drives: 2012 1.2 tdi match

Re: Aircon weird noise

Post by Mark-k »

Mine made a similar noise for a few days then stopped working completely, it's going back to the dealer to be repaired under warranty in the morning.

I'll post the details of work done once I've picked the car up, hopefully it will be of help to you.
Willni
Silver Member

Post by Willni »

Mark-k wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 8:03 pm Mine made a similar noise for a few days then stopped working completely, it's going back to the dealer to be repaired under warranty in the morning.

I'll post the details of work done once I've picked the car up, hopefully it will be of help to you.
Unfortunately mine has been doing this for about a year now and is out of warranty :(
Mark-k
New
Drives: 2012 1.2 tdi match

Post by Mark-k »

Unfortunately mine has been doing this for about a year now and is out of warranty :(
[/quote]when my wife picked up the car she asked what the problem was and the receptionist read the job sheet and told her it had a re-gas and something else but she couldn't read the writing so really non the wiser, sorry.
Willni
Silver Member

Post by Willni »

Mark-k wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:14 pm Unfortunately mine has been doing this for about a year now and is out of warranty :(
when my wife picked up the car she asked what the problem was and the receptionist read the job sheet and told her it had a re-gas and something else but she couldn't read the writing so really non the wiser, sorry.
[/quote]

Wouldn't worry thanks anyway!