Siri over Bluetooth

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
NerdyDeveloper
New
Drives: 2017 Polo GTI

Siri over Bluetooth

Post by NerdyDeveloper »

Hi Everyone,

I just took delivery of my White GTI about a week ago and so far I'm really loving it, however there's just one thing which is annoying me at the moment and I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction.

So I got the app-connect package on there, and so I can connect my phone via USB and use CarPlay, but for short journeys it seems a bit silly to do that, so I just play my music via Bluetooth. However I can't activate siri using the voice control button on my steering wheel.

I purposely didn't get VW's voice control as I felt it was a waste of money when I would use Siri anyway, but do I need this in order for Siri to work over bluetooth? I'm sure I had read somewhere that holding the voice control button down would activate Siri.

Oh, I have the Composition Media system, If anyone has any guidance, or if it's not possible at all then please let me know.

Thanks
Oli3000
Getting There!
Drives: 6C 1.0tsi 110 6spd man SEL

Re: Siri over Bluetooth

Post by Oli3000 »

Holding the voice control button down definitely works with CarPlay, for Bluetooth I cannot be so sure.

To be honest, I have a 10cm black lightning cable from Amazon and I always connect my phone regardless of distance. You get much better sound quality than via Bluetooth too.
Artimus
New
Drives: 6C Polo 1.4ACT BlueGT, 7.5 Golf R Estate

Re: Siri over Bluetooth

Post by Artimus »

Siri doesn't work with the steering voice control over BT. But you can always use the "hey siri" command to launch it - "hey siri" on iPhone 6s> doesn't need to be plugged into a power source to work either.