polo gti coolant level

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
john_m
New
Drives: POLO GTI 6C pure white 5dr manual

polo gti coolant level

Post by john_m »

is any one elses gti coolent level dropping? i have had to top mine up about four times since ive had the car as its dropped below the minimum level
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: polo gti coolant level

Post by SRGTD »

I've had to top mine up once since about six months after I got my GTI, but only needed to add a small amount of G13 coolant. The level's not moved since I topped it up.

I've read on some other forums that sometimes there is air trapped in the cooling system when cars leave the factory and a drop in coolant level can be experienced when the air works it's way out of the system.

Having to top up the coolant 4 times does seem excessive and might be an indication of an issue that's more than just the system expelling trapped air. Are there amy signs of leaking coolant and are you able to smell coolant when the engine is up to normal temperature and the cooling system is under pressure? How much coolant have you had to add?

As your car is under warranty, I'd get your dealer to pressure test the system, and check for things like faulty water pump and faulty thermostat housing.
rm55mcc
Silver Member
Drives: Polo 1.4

Re: polo gti coolant level

Post by rm55mcc »

I had the coolant pipe split behind the front bumper and lost all coolant , the pipe was replaced with a revised pipe as the old 1 was rubbing on the fans and caused it to Fail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk