"GTI" Honeycomb Front Grille for Blue GT

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
xeus2eme
New
Drives: Polo 6r Blue GT, DSG

"GTI" Honeycomb Front Grille for Blue GT

Post by xeus2eme »

Hi there !

I'm new here, I'm the happy owner of a 2013 Candy White "staged 2" Blue GT !

I was lurking on the forum and saw that was apparently possible :

I ordered upper and lower "GTI" front grilles (without GTI logo so without the "plate" behind it cutting the honeycomb), and I wanted to paint black (probably) the red lines and maybe add the Blue GT logo on it !

Im right ? That's totally doable ?
xeus2eme
New

Re: "GTI" Honeycomb Front Grille for Blue GT

Post by xeus2eme »

Hum.

I ordered them, I'll give a feedback and some pics here if people care.
PoloBlueGT
Bronze Member
Drives: Landrover Freelander

Post by PoloBlueGT »

Hi mate,
What do you mean by stage 2 blue gt as I have a 14 plate and was looking at a tune what figures are you running on it?

Cheers
xeus2eme
New

Post by xeus2eme »

Stage 2 isn't clearly defined... It depends on everyone mind.

But for mine :

Remap, Exhaust line Friedrich Motorsport, K&N Airfilter, KW Coilovers, H&R Sport Sway Bar Kit front/rear, Semi-slick tyres ...

-> +170hp dyno-tested

So I guess I can talk about stage 2
Stage 1
These are modifications that can be performed in isolation. For example: changing an air intake, changing the type of brake rotor (from solid to grooved or drilled for example).
They often don't provide large performance increases (either in terms of power/bhp, or in terms of handling), but they are also usually the cheaper types of modification that can be performed, when compared to those "classified" as stage 2 or 3 modifications.

Stage 2
These modifications are usually larger, more complex modifications, that usually more work than just "bolt it on", and often require additional parts or modifications to be in place before they can be.
A good example of a stage 2 modification may be the inclusion of a supercharger on a naturally aspirated vehicle, as whilst the charge could in theory just be bolted on, it will also require the ECU to be "flashed" or replaced, as well as an air filter upgrade, and maybe even new injectors.

Stage 3
Stage 3 modifications are often the most complex and could be termed "track day" modifications.
Like stage 2, they almost always require other modification to be in place before they can be performed, but also quite often make the target vehicle less than ideal to be used on the road.
A good example may be the switch to an aggressive cam profile, which would provide great benefits on a track, but would cause issues in stop-start morning traffic commutes.
Cheers
xeus2eme
New

Post by xeus2eme »

From this :

To this :

To this :

Lower grill have to be changed also, but it looks a bit tricky... I'm not sure I'm able to do this myself...