Polo lowering springs

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
ashleighrhianne
New
Drives: polo gti 6r

Polo lowering springs

Post by ashleighrhianne »

Hi all, just joined the forum after picking up my 6r gti last week :)
Im looking to get some lowering but unsure what size drop to get..
Would anyone be able to show my some photos of their cars on springs with the fitment theyre running to give me an idea of how it will sit? Cheers!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

nopixar
New
Drives: 1.2 TSI Match 6C

Re: Polo lowering springs

Post by nopixar »

Got the official Ebach lowering springs from VW 25 - 30mm see pictures below for before and after....

Pros

Looks a hell of a lot better,
Doesnt roll when going into bends, no spring under accel, The driving position feels a lot sportier because of the change in geometry.

Cons

if like me you live in London most roads will knock your teeth out going over anything other than perfect tarmac.... and the car is running on 16s...speed bumps will also have to be taken a lot more cautiously... considering taking them off to be honest.. Lost alot of comfort.

Make sure when you get the springs you get the ones with the correct axle load... especially if you have a DSG which has a much higher Front axle weight... I had to tell dealership about this they had no idea what I was talking about as the catalogue only shows one part... which is on unsuitable for DSG vehicles...

Before

After

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Willni
Silver Member
Drives: Polo '14 6R, Golf 07' Edition 30

Post by Willni »

Go VW racing sport springs 20-30mm drop and designed with the original springs so they retain the same ride comfort whilst being lower think they're £210

http://www.racingline-performance.com/vwr-sport-springs
ashleighrhianne
New
Drives: polo gti 6r

Post by ashleighrhianne »

I have been looking at eibach because ive heard the ride is alot better same with the vw racing sport but im just concerned that because theyre both only about 20-30 im going to spend all that money &be disappointed that it wouldnt be noticable its been lowered? Not that i want mega lows but a nice drop so it sits nice on the new wheels.

Willni
Silver Member
Drives: Polo '14 6R, Golf 07' Edition 30

Post by Willni »

ashleighrhianne wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:14 pm I have been looking at eibach because ive heard the ride is alot better same with the vw racing sport but im just concerned that because theyre both only about 20-30 im going to spend all that money &be disappointed that it wouldnt be noticable its been lowered? Not that i want mega lows but a nice drop so it sits nice on the new wheels.

20-30mm is all you'll really get from springs otherwise you'll just be destroying the original shock, so you'd be better going for an expensive coilover or air set up, I say expensive because cheap ones ruin cars. I'm looking at VWR coilovers about £1000-1200 so same price as air, but air will be extremely comfortable but more hassle.