What did you and your 6R/C do today?

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Willni
Silver Member
Drives: Polo '14 6R, Golf 07' Edition 30

Re: What did you and your 6R/C do today?

Post by Willni »

Evo wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:58 am changed my cornering lights + fog light combo to LEDS today. took 5 mins. better than the yellow h7 bulbs before.

VCDS cable ordered.
Going with the bridge stones now (friend works for them) $$
New MIB 2 Unit coming with App connect. for Retrofit
Tints booked for this week
HotDog resonator booked in for install this week
Looks very sharp with the LED fogs! Is the MIB 2 "harder" to do on the MIB platform, I've heard it was hard to bypass some coding etc for navigation, but very do able if you need help I can link you to a pro-retrofitter in the UK that does it. Forgot about Bridgestones they're very good as well!
Evo
New
Drives: Polo GTI 6C DSG

Post by Evo »

thank! yes it really does set off the front much better than the yellow h8 bulbs before. occasionally I get a bulb error on my mib "car" screen. but I believe I can disable this check via VCDS once I get my cable??
Im looking into options for 6c tail light led bulbs. so will mess around with those for a while to find the right combination. (not really a fan of aftermarket clusters so far. apart from the bespoke ercustomz nagpar version)

I have a MIB2 brains unit in the post. I'm going on a whim that I can get it retrofitted. I like a challenge! no harm in trying
I installed an updated USB port from a golf 7. and this has removed the 'usb device not supported' message when my iPhone is connected. (I still need to play with vcds to fully function this) I plan to install this custom into my centre arm rest.

My current MIB2 is booked into VW Sydney on Wednesday as they believe 100% they can genuinely install app connect for me. they triple checked my vin and believe it is possible. Sydney VW go above and beyond on a few occasions now. they know I have a stage 1 GTI and they actually love it rather than frown upon it. I have nothing to lose here it either works or it does not.

looking into oem+ lowering springs... but! I am feeling the ride is too rigid on bumpy roads as stock. but also can't stand the embarrassing rear height haha.

p.s is it possible to install a retrofit adaptive cruise control on 6c? I had this on my top spec Golf GTI VII 2017 and loved it
Willni
Silver Member

Post by Willni »

Evo wrote:thank! yes it really does set off the front much better than the yellow h8 bulbs before. occasionally I get a bulb error on my mib "car" screen. but I believe I can disable this check via VCDS once I get my cable??
Im looking into options for 6c tail light led bulbs. so will mess around with those for a while to find the right combination. (not really a fan of aftermarket clusters so far. apart from the bespoke ercustomz nagpar version)

I have a MIB2 brains unit in the post. I'm going on a whim that I can get it retrofitted. I like a challenge! no harm in trying
I installed an updated USB port from a golf 7. and this has removed the 'usb device not supported' message when my iPhone is connected. (I still need to play with vcds to fully function this) I plan to install this custom into my centre arm rest.

My current MIB2 is booked into VW Sydney on Wednesday as they believe 100% they can genuinely install app connect for me. they triple checked my vin and believe it is possible. Sydney VW go above and beyond on a few occasions now. they know I have a stage 1 GTI and they actually love it rather than frown upon it. I have nothing to lose here it either works or it does not.

looking into oem+ lowering springs... but! I am feeling the ride is too rigid on bumpy roads as stock. but also can't stand the embarrassing rear height haha.

p.s is it possible to install a retrofit adaptive cruise control on 6c? I had this on my top spec Golf GTI VII 2017 and loved it
Make sure it’s a genuine vcds cable as they can bugger your cecm if i remember correctly, springs won’t help that you’d need different dampers to help with that.

As for adaptive cruise control, anything can be retrofitted with enough money and time [emoji48][emoji48] but I’d say it’s a case of taking the etka and gathering the parts from a golf/polo with it and then it’s a question of can your vcds/canbus take it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Willni
Silver Member

Post by Willni »

Not quite what I’ve done, but My sound deadening arrived so now I should hopefully have enough to do behind the door cards on both the polo and the golf [emoji4][emoji4]

Willni
Silver Member

Post by Willni »

One car done added more to the doors after that

Willni
Silver Member

Post by Willni »

The doors are done they were awful I don’t know how they let it out of the factory im with that much space to create noise

joe6
Bronze Member
Drives: Golf Mk6 GTI (Scirocco gone) Polo 6c GTI

Post by joe6 »

Thinking of doing this to the Golf. Where did you get the insulation pack? Did you manage this without breaking any clips? Thanks
Willni
Silver Member

Post by Willni »

joe6 wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:22 pm Thinking of doing this to the Golf. Where did you get the insulation pack? Did you manage this without breaking any clips? Thanks
I made up my insulation pack myself, mainly from one company for the doors as the links below;

https://www.deadening.co.uk/products/do ... t-hex-roll
https://www.deadening.co.uk/products/do ... -liner-6mm
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Flight-Case-E ... 2749.l2649

I broke one clip but it wasn't a necessary one, it sits just under where the tweeter would be in the golf on the front door. Can't recommend doing this enough it's refined the polo so much it's such a nice place to sit now, just wish I upgraded the speakers in it lol
joe6
Bronze Member

Post by joe6 »

Thanks Willni. Very helpful. I think the clips are quite cheap so might buy a couple in case!!
Willni
Silver Member

Post by Willni »

To the disappointment to all car enthusiasts winter is here, and so off come the summer tyres and on go the winter.

Shame that despise my standard alloys (winter), but safety above all.

Whilst I was changing them I decided to take the arch liners out as well and remove debris build up there was a bit which could cause rust issue later on in the cars (polos in general) life, definately recommend removing the arch liner every 30k - 40k miles just to help avoid an unnecessary problem.

I then coated behind the liner with cavity wax because salt likes to eat things. Many T25 screw on the front, but easy to do.

SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Yesterday, rather than today, fuel consumption in my 6c 1.8 GTI was showing as 50.7mpg after a 28-30 mile journey. Don’t know if I should be impressed or embarrassed achieving this in a GTI :).

It is the bank holiday weekend, with lots of ‘steady’ weekend drivers, so this figure was achieved just going with the flow of the traffic on A and B roads, mainly in 6th gear between 50-60 mph. Still, it goes to show that even the GTI can get diesel type economy if driven sedately.
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

Over the last 2-3 days, I’ve been getting my car’s bodywork ready to cope with whatever the winter weather throws at it; two bucket method wash, full decontamination (iron fallout remover, tar remover, clay), wash, machine polish, sealant, clean glass, dress tyres and exterior black trim, polish chrome exhaust tailpipes.

Paintwork Is swirl free and really shiny and feels super slick, so regular maintenance washes will be really easy. Just the wheels to do now........🙂.
joe6
Bronze Member

Post by joe6 »

MOT and winter prep. All wheels off and front and rear calliper pins checked and cleaned, wheels given a polish coating inside and out. Suspension checked. Couple of chips sorted and then body wash and hard polish coat with Bilt Hamber. Polish seems to last about 4 or 5 months.
allroadusa
New
Drives: Polo GTI 6C

Post by allroadusa »

New winter wheels are on. I'm quite happy with the result.
IMG_20191029_075721.jpg
IMG_20191029_075758.jpg
IMG_20191029_075807.jpg
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

allroadusa wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:06 am New winter wheels are on. I'm quite happy with the result.

IMG_20191029_075721.jpgIMG_20191029_075758.jpgIMG_20191029_075807.jpg
Nice! I have those wheels on my GTI - 17” VW Motorsport alloys in anthracite grey. I keep them on my car all year round as I don’t like the standard diamond cut wheels.
2A498270-AEAB-4019-95EC-D762BFCB59C9.jpeg