Blue GT Mudflaps

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
PoloBlueGT
Bronze Member
Drives: Landrover Freelander

Blue GT Mudflaps

Post by PoloBlueGT »

Hey all I'm looking for some Blue GT mudflaps front and rear.
Does anyone know the codes and also why the long ones won't fit?

Cheers
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: Blue GT Mudflaps

Post by SRGTD »

VW front mud flaps for the 6c and 6r Polo don't fit the Blue GT, R-Line, Bluemotion or GTI models; these models have side skirts or sill extensions, so the profile of the mud flap won't fit flush with the bodywork. I'm not sure about rears for the Blue GT though; if it has a unique rear bumper, then it's likely the standard Polo rears won't fit either (there aren't any for the 6c GTI because of the GTI-specific rear bumper).
gt001
New
Drives: VW Polo

Post by gt001 »

Don't have the codes but this blue gt has rear mud flaps so there must be something that fits.
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... obcid=soc4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

gt001 wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:32 am Don't have the codes but this blue gt has rear mud flaps so there must be something that fits.
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... obcid=soc4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They look like genuine VW rears.

IMO, the rears don't really much to stop the rear of the car getting dirty in wet conditions, which is caused by airflow over the car when it's moving. Dirt is 'sucked' onto the tailgate and rear bumper whether mud flaps are fitted or not. Rear mud flaps may help reduce road spray that could affect following vehicles, and possible accumulation of tar spots on the bodywork behind the rear wheels though.

I had mud flaps on my mk6 Golf GTD and don't have them on my Polo GTI (because VW don't make them for the GTI). I must say that the Polo doesn't seem to get any dirtier without mud flaps than the Golf did with them. I've not had a problem with tar spots or stone chips along the sides of the car either.
PoloBlueGT
Bronze Member
Drives: Landrover Freelander

Post by PoloBlueGT »

Hey SRGTD,

I'm just wanting to fit these are I quite like the way they look on, but if they don't do any etc the. The money will be going elsewhere :)