Dead Pedal

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
DJCraigyB
New
Drives: 2017 1.2 TSI Match Edition DSG

Dead Pedal

Post by DJCraigyB »

Hi,

I have in the last few weeks got my new Match Edition DSG. I love it BUT the narrow footrest is driving me mad. I find it useless for me as I cannot rest my foot fully as it is too narrow. My gf is a size 6 and she has no problem!

Does anyone know how to take it out? (link to pic below).

I am thinking of either trying it without or maybe trying a wider rest set up somehow.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1t4Pvw ... RwZzRMBCNA

Any help would be great, thanks.
peter_dk25
Silver Member
Drives: Blue GT

Re: Dead Pedal

Post by peter_dk25 »

According to ETKA it is fixed with a nut at the top of the footrest..
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

I think that lots of cars will have dead pedal left footrests that are narrower than the driver's feet; all the cars that I've owned that had a left foot footrest this was the case. I find mine provides adequate support; my car's a manual, and if the footrest was wide enough to support my entire left foot, it would probably interfere with the operation of the clutch pedal.

As you've only had your car a few weeks, it might feel a bit strange initially, but you may find you get used to it with time.
joe6
Bronze Member
Drives: Golf Mk6 GTI (Scirocco gone) Polo 6c GTI

Post by joe6 »

Took me a while to get used to the narrow gap between clutch pedal and central housing. A wider dead pedal would interfere with clutch operation as SRGD says.
PoloBlueGT
Bronze Member
Drives: Landrover Freelander

Post by PoloBlueGT »

I think that what DJ is trying to say is that in a DSG it could be wider as there is obviously no clutch pedal to obstruct