Leaving Home without Auto Lights

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Accomplished
New
Drives: Polo 6R S

Leaving Home without Auto Lights

Post by Accomplished »

Hi all,

I've just got my Polo it being a 2010 1.2 Nimbus Grey Moda 70, in love with the car really there's a few things I've got lined up to mod though. I was looking through the VCDS controls and turning on options as I pleased and seen both Coming Home / Leaving Home functions, from some reading this isn't a limitation from the BCM (For me at least) but the fact I don't have the daylight/rain sensor? I seen someone showing how to trick the car into thinking the autolight light switch was installed by grounding one of the pin outs on a A3. I was wondering if any of you have looked into this anymore and if it was bypassable? Failing that how hard is the retrofit of the sensor, I wouldn't mind the auto lights.

Cheers,

Ste
ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Re: Leaving Home without Auto Lights

Post by ciclo »

Hello, welcome.

In the 6R it is possible to activate the Coming Home function if it has a BCM Max from the factory. (Address 09: Cent elect)
If it has no light/rain sensor, it is impossible to activate the Leaving home function and automatic lights.

For automatic lights + CH/LH it's requiered:

BCM Max
Light sensor.
Light switch with AUTO function.
And several wires in case your 6R does not have them present from factory.

It is a long process and perhaps expensive if you need to install this equipment.

There are cheap and easy alternatives, but they are not original equipment, so its performance will have limitations. I do not have an exact knowledge for these gadgets. Maybe someone can enlighten us about it.