Fog lamp installions pin # 8,#9.are already occupied by someother pins what are the alternative pins for fog lamp instal

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
sivasai01
New
Drives: Polo sedan

Fog lamp installions pin # 8,#9.are already occupied by someother pins what are the alternative pins for fog lamp instal

Post by sivasai01 »

Hi,

I just bought a new fog lamp kit which comes with wiring harness, fog lamps and grill for my polo sedan 2014.As my car is basic trendline car which has not come with the factory fitting.I have a 20 pin euro switch.And I heard that pin #8 is used for the front fog lamp.But unfortunately when I had a look in to the switch the pin # 8 #9 are already occupied with some wires I'm not sure what wires they are .I only have few empty pins in the switch they are #3,#5,#6,#7,#11,#12.So,I just need a suggestion what would be alternative pins to connect the front fog lights. Please try to reply back As quick as possible.

Thanks in advance.
ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Re: Fog lamp installions pin # 8,#9.are already occupied by someother pins what are the alternative pins for fog lamp in

Post by ciclo »

Hello welcome.

Light switch connector is 17-pin.

Electrical connection:
From PIN8 (mandatory) T17/8 ---to--- 15Amp fuse ---to--- both fog lamps, and ground logically.

But there are two ways to connect the fog lights, one of them can provide the static cornering light function through the same bulbs, but depends on the equipment from the factory (BCM model, ESP from factory) and wiring you bought.

Please, show us the wiring you bought (link to?, or pic), also your T20 conector with the color wires (both sides), plus one picture of fusebox (to check the power supply), and please, as quick as possible.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Do you have VCDS? if so, Autoscan (asap)

Excuse me for the delay in answering ... :mrgreen: (you know I'm kidding)
sivasai01
New

Re: Fog lamp installions pin # 8,#9.are already occupied by someother pins what are the alternative pins for fog lamp in

Post by sivasai01 »

Hi

I have tried to take some close photos of the sockets.which are just lying without any connections near the left and right of the two headlights you can see the socket in the picture. I just Wana know If this sockets are meant to connect fog lights using an extension wiring till the bumper and then to fog lamp.And as mentioned earlier the pin#8 and pin #9 are already occupied with some wires not sure what they are for.May be pin#9 is going to my rear fog light.But what is the wire which is going in to pin# 8 ?I just Wana know if you think this sockets in the picture are meant for connecting fog lamps through extension.Do I have do anything with the fuse,Orelse can the connect fog lamps directly to those sockets with the hb4 extensions as they are near my headlights and cannot reach near the bumper.And change the switch with front fog lamp options.

Second idea: Instead of buying the new switch can the remove the pin #9 and disconnect and make plaster it and insert the wire from pin#8 front fog lamp in to #9.As I don't want to use the rear fog light.In this case do I need anything to do in the fuse box

Please find the pictures attached.And I'm so sorry from late response cause I never thought someone would help me on this.

Thanks and regardsImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my Le X526 using Tapatalk

iichel
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

those look more like connectors for the DRL than for the foglights.
do you have a vcds?
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

It seems that this Polo Sedan IND has a pre-installation for front fog lamps. From the light switch to the fuse box.

Please remove fuse 54 and take a close photo from this slot.

The connectors (plugs/sockets) you show do not belong to the front fog lights in any case.

Tips
1. The Light switch with the correct positions is very cheap. Aliexpress (10-15$). Buy it.
2. You should use the rear fog lamp when the wheather conditions require it. At least to safeguard the lives of others. :x
3. You will not have my help if you do not do an original installation.

Forget about inventing exotic things. :lol:

Waiting for the slot picture. (54 fuse)
ciclo wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:25 am Please, show us the wiring you bought...
And front fog lamps.
sivasai01
New

Post by sivasai01 »

iichel wrote:those look more like connectors for the DRL than for the foglights.
do you have a vcds?
No I don't have VCDS.when I have checked the other cars fog lamp wiring it has white and brown wires in it.And the socket which are shown in the picture are also having white and brown wires.

ciclo

Post by ciclo »

The front fog lights wires for your 6R must be yellow/white, plus brown.
sivasai01
New

Post by sivasai01 »

ciclo wrote:It seems that this Polo Sedan IND has a pre-installation for front fog lamps. From the light switch to the fuse box.

Please remove fuse 54 and take a close photo from this slot.

The connectors (plugs/sockets) you show do not belong to the front fog lights in any case.

Tips
1. The Light switch with the correct positions is very cheap. Aliexpress (10-15$). Buy it.
2. You should use the rear fog lamp when the wheather conditions require it. At least to safeguard the lives of others. :x
3. You will not have my help if you do not do an original installation.

Forget about inventing exotic things. [emoji38]

Waiting for the slot picture. (54 fuse)
ciclo wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:25 am Please, show us the wiring you bought...
And front fog lamps.
Hi

Thank you so much for your reply.i have tried to take few pictures with the fuse removes from the position #54. I request you to kindly check it.
I have another information that when I have checked the fog light wiring of the vehicles which are factory fitted it's in brown and white colour and the socket which is lying near my head light with a waterproof cap also has white and brown colour wires in it.ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

sivasai01
New

Post by sivasai01 »

I mean to say that the plug is meant for fog lamp wiring.But as I car is basic trendline model I'm thinking they might has disconnected wiring near to headlights and made it dummy with water proof socket instead of taking them till the bumper.what I think is if be take a wiring with Hb4 socket at one end and connect it directly to this socket.

Thank you in advance

ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Install the light switch with the silvered knob.
Install the fuse.
Turn on the ignition switch without starting the engine.
Remove the waterproof socket you mean.
With a multimeter or test lamp look for 12 and 0 volts in that socket, by rotating the light switch knob to the front fog light position, and anyother position.

I repeat :lol: : 12 and 0 volts.
To be sure that the wires/sockets are dedicated to the front fog lights, they could have 12v and not be the front fog lights electrical installation. :wink:
sivasai01
New

Post by sivasai01 »

In which position number I have to install the fuse and how many Amp fuse I have to install.After that I need to check the voltage with voltmeter.if it's 12v with front fog lamps position ON then we can use that waterproof socket is that correct.

ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Fuse 54.
Read my previous message again, but pay attention now.
antardaksh04
New
Drives: TSI

Post by antardaksh04 »

sivasai01 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:29 am I mean to say that the plug is meant for fog lamp wiring.But as I car is basic trendline model I'm thinking they might has disconnected wiring near to headlights and made it dummy with water proof socket instead of taking them till the bumper.what I think is if be take a wiring with Hb4 socket at one end and connect it directly to this socket.

Thank you in advance

Hi,

"dummy with water proof socket instead of taking them till the bumper."

Do you have dual tone horn in your car, if not then the socket you are talking about is for the second horn. Please don't connect this to fog light. I had shared details about the same here. You can look at the picture posted by me, it looks similar to the one shared by you (socket with waterproof plug).

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-ca ... ost4020801

Regards.
sivasai01
New

Post by sivasai01 »

Hi,

My dear friend.I have only single horn in my car.But the dummy sockets are present near by headlight on both left and right sides.And the colour of the wires are white and brown.I thought if I can use the extension wires
6RF 971 651
Screenshot_2017-09-12-01-06-52.jpg
.which has one end for connecting fog lamp and other end for connecting to the dummy socket.I have tried connecting this wires and installed it.Fogs worked for few minutes and stopped working may be they are cheaper one Chinese.So I'm just thinking to install some branded one.what do you suggest.

Last edited by sivasai01 on Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sivasai01
New

Post by sivasai01 »

Last edited by sivasai01 on Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.