Vw dealership damaged my car!

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
cburgess906
New
Drives: Polo 2015

Post by cburgess906 »

Hi all- want some advice

Dropped my vw off at dealership (1.4 tdi sel 15 plate) for its 20k service and an oil change.

All was done and paid up, turned the key...

rear parking sensor continual bleep and error message after error message (esc, automatic headlights, tyre pressure) obviously not happy

Didn't drive it anywhere, they've given me a courtesy car but called me up saying they're baffled- they've had to send a error code report off to Germany to get ideas, and can't understand why it's happened. I definitely had no probs with the car at all, and they're saying it was all 'mechanical work' they've done, and they didn't touch the electrics.

I've got no idea how long this is going to take, and just wanted to ask 2 questions for you knowledgable people- after spending £280!

1) what do you think they've done to my car...
2) should I be asking for some refund/ compensation, and if so, what should I be asking for?

Thanks in advance!
2015_polo
Getting There!
Drives: 2015 6c polo

Re: Vw dealership damaged my car!

Post by 2015_polo »

cburgess906 wrote:Hi all- want some advice

Dropped my vw off at dealership (1.4 tdi sel 15 plate) for its 20k service and an oil change.

All was done and paid up, turned the key...

rear parking sensor continual bleep and error message after error message (esc, automatic headlights, tyre pressure) obviously not happy

Didn't drive it anywhere, they've given me a courtesy car but called me up saying they're baffled- they've had to send a error code report off to Germany to get ideas, and can't understand why it's happened. I definitely had no probs with the car at all, and they're saying it was all 'mechanical work' they've done, and they didn't touch the electrics.

I've got no idea how long this is going to take, and just wanted to ask 2 questions for you knowledgable people- after spending £280!

1) what do you think they've done to my car...
2) should I be asking for some refund/ compensation, and if so, what should I be asking for?

Thanks in advance!
I work for a vw dealership , a 20k service wouldn't do anything to your parking sensors , if it had been when it got washed etc then you'd physically see damage on a sensor. , did you have any recalls done as I know there's a few recalls for software updates but they don't usually interfere with the sensors ... only thing I will say is with it being a 15 plate aslong as the sensors aren't physically damaged then it should be warranty and won't cost you apart from being with out your car for a few days feedback from Germany usually only takes a few hours possibly into tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cburgess906
New
Drives: Polo 2015

Post by cburgess906 »

Thanks for the quick reply,

It's not just the parking sensor error, there's about 5 coming up one after the other (esc, auto headlight, tyre pressure) so it seems to be something electrical?
joe6
Bronze Member
Drives: Golf Mk6 GTI (Scirocco gone) Polo 6c GTI

Post by joe6 »

Sorry to hear about your problems. If they gave it a courtesy valet then could it possibly be that someone was over-enthusiastic with the jet wash? On the up side at least there are some error codes to work from.
2015_polo
Getting There!
Drives: 2015 6c polo

Post by 2015_polo »

cburgess906 wrote:Thanks for the quick reply,

It's not just the parking sensor error, there's about 5 coming up one after the other (esc, auto headlight, tyre pressure) so it seems to be something electrical?
Ah I see sorry never realised that , it sounds like it's electrical anyway , did you have a recall done by any chance as sometimes after an update it brings up faults that are easily erased but if they are getting a specific fault code then it may be something else , have they told you what fault they are getting on there computer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Post by ciclo »

Maybe it was some wrong maneuver inside the dealership. Inconfessable, of course.
Beep ........ Beep ..... Beep .... Beep ... Beep..Beep.Beeeeeeeeeeeeee_Bump!! or so. :lol:

...with the bad fortune of damaging one of the rear sensors internally but no external damage 'apparently'.

I have seen this on more than one occasion within dealerships. (all brands :wink:... :lol:)
Hmm...maybe that is why they have a curtain that prevents the passage of mortals (customers) to their places of work ...[Emoji23]

All the faults you mention are possible due to this, the car can go crazy electronically with parking sensors in bad condition.
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

I'd guess that this has nothing to do with anyone causing accidental damage to that car, but just an unfortunate corruption of one/some of that car's control modules, maybe caused by a voltage spike/surge when you started it - that should not happen, but it has and VW will be able to sort that out when the info has been fed back.

Editted to change "start" to "sort" as that was wrong!
Last edited by RUM4MO on Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rick6R
New
Drives: Volkswagen Polo 6R 1.2 TDI Bluemotion

Post by Rick6R »

I work at a Volkswagen dealership too. It's sometimes bad luck and bad timing, not something to blame a mechanic for. I think it's just a warranty case.

I know some PDC sensors will go active near some Peugeots, Renaults and Citroën cars. But never encountered something like your case.