Urgent help!! Air vent problem

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
lincspoacher
New
Drives: Late 2014 1.4 TDi Bluemotion

Urgent help!! Air vent problem

Post by lincspoacher »

The air vent on my Polo 6C won't return to its normal position please help!
ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
richards_owen
New
Drives: SEL 1.2 TSI 2016

Re: Urgent help!! Air vent problem

Post by richards_owen »

lincspoacher wrote:The air vent on my Polo 6C won't return to its normal position please help!
ImageImage

Hi, I had the same issue when I was changing the colour of my facia panel to brushed chrome - took me ages to work it out but it's a ten minute job so worry not! You need to unscrew the metal cage around and behind the stereo so it can slip forward. Next you should be able to remove the plastic around the vents (it comes out if you tease it upwards even though it looks difficult). Now you can remove the vents also. with the two components out of the dashboard you can reconnect them together. (I slightly damaged the clips but it still all goes together properly!) They should be able to be teased back into the gap above the cage. now you can tighten the cage back into the place and replace the infotainment. Hope this helps!

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

lincspoacher
New
Drives: Late 2014 1.4 TDi Bluemotion

Re: Urgent help!! Air vent problem

Post by lincspoacher »

richards_owen wrote:
lincspoacher wrote:The air vent on my Polo 6C won't return to its normal position please help!
ImageImage

Hi, I had the same issue when I was changing the colour of my facia panel to brushed chrome - took me ages to work it out but it's a ten minute job so worry not! You need to unscrew the metal cage around and behind the stereo so it can slip forward. Next you should be able to remove the plastic around the vents (it comes out if you tease it upwards even though it looks difficult). Now you can remove the vents also. with the two components out of the dashboard you can reconnect them together. (I slightly damaged the clips but it still all goes together properly!) They should be able to be teased back into the gap above the cage. now you can tighten the cage back into the place and replace the infotainment. Hope this helps!

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
Thanks a lot! :D