Stage 2 remap?

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Louiisseee
New
Drives: 2017 6R

Stage 2 remap?

Post by Louiisseee »

Just wondering if anyone with a 1.2 TSI 6R 2014-2017 has managed to upgrade their car to a stage 2 remap?

Im finding it impossible to find a top mount intercooler that actually fits but everyone I enquire tells me I have to have a bigger/improved intercooler along with the other improvements or they wont do it.

Would love to know what you guys have used and where to get them from.
Dink
Platinum Member
Drives: 2015 GTI

Re: Stage 2 remap?

Post by Dink »

it looks like the intercooler is built into the inlet manifold and runs on the coolant loop

so i doubt you are going to find an upgrade for that part.

you might be able to fit a front mount but it won't be worth the effort
Louiisseee
New

Post by Louiisseee »

Would this mean that I cant upgrade to a stage 2 then or would I be fine to upgrade as long as i have everything else needed?
Dink
Platinum Member

Post by Dink »

can you actually get a stage 2 map?

i'd say you probably won't gain much over the stage 1
Louiisseee
New

Post by Louiisseee »

a local company called RTEC have said a stage 2 is possible however i need all upgrades? same as celtic tuning.

a stage 1 will only give me, i think they said something like 14 extra bhp and a tiny bit of torque for £350!?
Dink
Platinum Member

Post by Dink »

don't know what you have to start with but revo and apr say around 15hp plus a good lump of torque for a similar price
Jay-Jay
Silver Member
Drives: Polo 6R HL 1.2TSI 77kw, Audi S1 MY2018

Post by Jay-Jay »

There is a user on this forum who did Stage 2 or Stage 3 to his Polo 6R R-Line 1.2 TSI.
I remember he installed a custom bigger front intercooler, custom intake pipes, cold air intake, few mods to the exhaust and he gained about 150hp and a lot of torque! Something around 300Nm, which is impressive for the 1.2 TSI.

Now I don't remember his nickname, but some months ago I remember that I saw he didn't updated his topic for more than 1 year.
In one of his last posts he wrote that he was going for the Stage 4: an hybrid turbo.

In any case: during the last year I casually discovered that in Mexico City there's HADDU Performance International. They build 3 variants of hybrid turbos for 1.2 TSI EA111 depending on what power you want to gain:
- 170hp;
- 190hp;
- 210hp.
They also tested the maximum power reachable with their setup (I guess it's no reliable), gaining the world record of 243hp and 366Nm, without opening the engine block.
If you search in their Facebook page you'll find photos, graphs and videos of their products and tests.

gtsportms
Getting There!
Drives: Polo 6R

Post by gtsportms »

170 HP on this little engine :shock:
Jay-Jay
Silver Member

Post by Jay-Jay »

To be honest, I'm not that shocked!
Ford sells a performance kit for the 1.0 Ecoboost 3 cylinders, which let you gain about 200hp.
This 1.2 TSI EA111 has many mechanical components that are the same of bigger and more powerfull engines. For example, the high pressure fuel pump is the same of the 6R GTI 1.4 Twincharged engine. The clutch is the same of the Jetta GLI. And so on.

I only would be worried about the timing chain, which is the real bug of this engine.

The last design (introduced since 07/11/2011) is pretty reliable with stock power (86/90hp or 105hp) or stage 1 remap (about 130hp), but I can't be sure of how long it will resist to those power gains.
The new timing chain design directly comes from the one used on the 1.8 and 2.0 TSI Gen3, so this should make me a bit more comfortable.
Jay-Jay
Silver Member

Post by Jay-Jay »

Ah, sorry: I made a big mistake!
This topic is about the 1.2 TSI EA211 16v belt-driven engine. It's a completely different engine respect to the old 1.2 TSI EA111 8v chain driven engine.
Everything I wrote doesn't apply to the 1.2 TSI 16v.

But considering that this engine has more valves, maybe it could gain even more power, with an hybrid turbo and other modifications. As far as I know nobody has tuned it this much.