Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Franciswat
Silver Member
Drives: 6R 1.6 Bifuel

Re: Upgrading my Polo 6R bifuel

Post by Franciswat »

iichel wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:42 pmTrue advice
:wink:

Hello guys, I'm in troubles placing relay's holder into his slot!

According to Elsawin headlight washers relay fits slot 11.

Now according to Etka relay's holder for slot 11 is 4H0937527, which is the one I have.

Now the problem is that there's no way to put this holder into slot 11 because the holder looks too big!

I tried to insert it from behind (BCM -> seat direction) in every possibile position..

This makes me think relay's holder is wrong or I'm so stupid that can't handle this operation. :lol:

Any suggestions? :wink:
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

Perhaps 443 937 527?
ciclo
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Post by ciclo »

For the 6R two types of relay retainers are used depending on the year of manufacture.
A, B, C model years <--- 05/2012---> D, E, etc. model years

---

---

You did everything correctly, but you didn't consider the jokes made by ETKA. :lol:
The one you tried to install without success is for models D, E, etc.

---
:mrgreen:
Franciswat
Silver Member

Post by Franciswat »

Huge thank you guys! :wink:

The video above is a perfect synthesis about how Etka works! :lol:

Todays I received the LEDs for interiors (all can-bus)!

Can't say how much time they'll last but result is impressive comparing to old halogen lamps and light is white with no hint of blue.

I did not notice problems like flickering or leds on with car locked but they turn off asynchronously.

https://youtu.be/w1nN4PmJ1wg

Do you think that already happened with halogen lamps or It's caused by LED lamps?

PS Ciclo do you have any pictures for a comparison between the ambient light you tested?

ciclo

Post by ciclo »

According to the video it is normal behavior, IMO your interior LED lights work correctly.

---
No, I don't have precise comparison images of my ambient lights (7P6 .... vs .... 5TA-polo AW-the last ones installed in front side).

I'm even thinking of installing others LED Lights in front side (only) with greater lighting power (e.g. footwell lights from Golf MK7 China - not from Golf MK7 Europe).
From China they have a little less power than those installed in Golf MK7 for Europe.

The lighting power of ambient lights depends largely on personal tastes.
Cosmonaut21
New
Drives: 6R 1.2 TSI

Post by Cosmonaut21 »

Hello guys and sorry for ''hijacking'' this thread just a quick question.
What type of bulbs does the polo have in the interior?
I want to change all of them (5 on the roofline,2 footwell,1 in the trunk) to white leds instead of the factory yellow color.
Thanks in advance.
Franciswat
Silver Member

Post by Franciswat »

Thanks ciclo I'd really like to make this mod but It's pretty difficult to choose the best ambient light without a comparison also because as you said It's personal choice.

How much bright are 5TA comparing to 6R footwell lights? So I can have an idea. :wink:

Are both 5TA and 7PA pure white or do they have hints of blue?

Cosmonaut21 the bulbs type depends on your car. My comfortline has 3x w5w in the front dome, 2x c5w in the rear dome while trunk and footwell have w5w.
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

I really don't know it, I don't remember what the is the 6R footwell lights brightness (5w filament, with horrible yellowhish color --> imho), they were quickly replaced by LED bulbs.

5TA is pure white.
My recommendation, 5TA only for ambient lights.
Franciswat
Silver Member

Post by Franciswat »

ciclo wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:18 pm I really don't know it, I don't remember what the is the 6R footwell lights brightness (5w filament, with horrible yellowhish color --> imho), they were quickly replaced by LED bulbs.
Yes, I meant the difference between 5TA and your footlight with led bulbs. :wink:
ciclo wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:18 pm5TA is pure white.
My recommendation, 5TA only for ambient lights.
Thanks mate. 8)

How's going your work with MFSW and CCS if I can ask?

I'm actually planning the climatronic retrofit.. It's a huge work but I can't see anymore those knobs on the dashboard. :lol:
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Franciswat wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:01 pm
ciclo wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:18 pm I really don't know it, I don't remember what the is the 6R footwell lights brightness (5w filament, with horrible yellowhish color --> imho), they were quickly replaced by LED bulbs.
Yes, I meant the difference between 5TA and your footlight with led bulbs. :wink:
It is a big difference.

The LED bulbs I installed are powerful (6 or more LEDs per bulb). Perfect for vacuuming the carpet without a flashlight.
5TA is a single powerful LED, but only one. Perfect for ambient light.

Franciswat wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:01 pm How's going your work with MFSW and CCS if I can ask?
Of course you can ask, Slavik is the one who has developed the Cruise Control Emulator. TESTS completed. It works perfectly! :D

The CC Emulator is a small 'programmed' control unit to emulate the cruise control switches on stalk (PQ25) from the MFSW buttons, plus the +/- buttons, up/down 10km/h with one touch. :)

Slavik will manufacture these CC Emulators, has currently made an order of components to manufacture the CC Emulators.
The first units will be ready within a month (approx).

I'll install one of these units in my 6R, currently have mental conflicts when I use the CC on MFSW in our Golf MK7.5 and the CC on stalks in our 6R.
I turn up/down the volume on my 6R MFSW without CC when I want to use the CC.😂 I.e. my mind prefers CC on the MFSW.

Franciswat wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:01 pm
I'm actually planning the climatronic retrofit.. It's a huge work but I can't see anymore those knobs on the dashboard. :lol:
I don't know how much work is necessary, my climatronic is factory. However I wish you good luck with this mod.
iichel

Post by iichel »

Climatronic retrofit is 2 days of work... :lol:
Franciswat
Silver Member

Post by Franciswat »

5TA is a single powerful LED, but only one. Perfect for ambient light.
I think to try this one so! :wink:
Slavik is the one who has developed the Cruise Control Emulator. TESTS completed. It works perfectly!
WOW :D Thanks for this great news ciclo!
I can only imagine how much effort was needed to develop it. :wink:
I turn up/down the volume on my 6R MFSW without CC when I want to use the CC.😂 I.e. my mind prefers CC on the MFSW.
:lol: It's definitely much better mate! Your subconscious is asking you for that :D
Climatronic retrofit is 2 days of work...
Yea, It will surely be the biggest challenge I've ever faced!
I'll have few questions for you mate before to start.. :roll: thanks!
iichel

Post by iichel »

Perhaps there is some useful info from cnk (like million page pdf :mrgreen: ) https://www.drive2.com/b/522180613092933720/
And of course I'll help
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Franciswat wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:03 am
WOW :D Thanks for this great news ciclo!
I can only imagine how much effort was needed to develop it. :wink:
Well, Slavik (and others) like to play with processes that involve great efforts.
Positive results generate addiction to these processes. :lol:

---
Maybe in the distant future I will try to run the CC on MFSW without the Emulator for the 1.2 TSI CBZ.
After an intense search, I have/found three original software in which you can know (with previous knowledge) the evolution of cruise control in these ECUs.
GD... CC on Stalk without Gra_High.... SA300O6000000
AA... CC on Stalk with Gra_High.... SA300O6000000
LG... CC on MFSW with Gra_High.... SA300O7000000
:lol:

In any case, the Emulator is better because it is for all ECUs with cruise control.
Franciswat
Silver Member

Post by Franciswat »

iichel wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:38 am Perhaps there is some useful info from cnk (like million page pdf :mrgreen: ) https://www.drive2.com/b/522180613092933720/
And of course I'll help
Thank you iichel I know CNK's tutorial. :wink: It has become my bible during last weeks. :lol:
I found some contradictions on which I would like to ask you some clarifications as soon I'll be ready. :wink:

Today 2nd climatronic unit arrived from Netherland (I had to send back the 1st one because It arrived covered by refrigerant oil..).
In the end it was not a bad thing because this unit is much newer (6C1820003P vs 6R1820003AD) with only 3000 km.

(Yes, I've a cat :lol: )

One servo was detached.. a bracket's screw is missing. Couldn't find it on Etka so I just searched for screws pictures on google trying to identify It..
Maybe I got :!: I'll check when It'll arrive at the dealer.

Well, Slavik (and others) like to play with processes that involve great efforts.
Positive results generate addiction to these processes. :lol:
I'm impressed by this projects! :wink:
They're time consuming but results are amazing.
Maybe in the distant future I will try to run the CC on MFSW without the Emulator for the 1.2 TSI CBZ.
After an intense search, I have/found three original software in which you can know (with previous knowledge) the evolution of cruise control in these ECUs.
GD... CC on Stalk without Gra_High.... SA300O6000000
AA... CC on Stalk with Gra_High.... SA300O6000000
LG... CC on MFSW with Gra_High.... SA300O7000000
:lol:
Your deep knowledge sometimes scares me ciclo! :mrgreen:
You are talking about something so much advanced that I think even most of the VW's mechanics do not know that.

I'm sure you'll reach your goals. :wink:

Ciclo I've a question for you. In the next days I'll install folding mirrors with the K418 unit which I bought some years ago.
Do you replaced K418 with new windows regulators motors only because you were looking for OEM retrofit or because of you encurred problems with K418? Thanks :wink: