IMPORTANT ALL MEMBERS

All members need to read the following page The new General Data Protection Regulations 2018 (GDPR)

Failure to read and accept the new privacy policy may result in your account being deleted, so please take a quick read

Cheers

The UK-Polos.NET Admin Team

Washer motor not working

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Cheesebrains
New
Drives: 6R r line

Washer motor not working

Post by Cheesebrains » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:03 am

Am pulling my hair out here!!
both front and back wipers work fine but washer pump doesn't work at all; I'm not a novice so I've changed the fuses no:2 and no:17 or 18, twice😑
Changed the motor twice, 1 2nd hand 1 new😑
Checked every single fuse😑
Power probe to the connection to the motor; lights up😑
Changed the bonnet catch😑
Headlight washers work a dream!
It's got the rain/light sensor on the screen but seems to be working as it should
I'm going to scrap the car if I can't sort it so any help will be much appreciated πŸ˜‘πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: Washer motor not working

Post by RUM4MO » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:18 am

Random thoughts:- the headlight washers use a completely different pump: the command to the screen front or rear washer pump will be sent from the steering wheel controls to a controller and it will power the pump up: the control line to switch on the pump might be a "low" not a "high": probing a power feed and finding voltage when the load is not connected means nothing as if there is a high resistance on that feed, very little actual voltage will get applied to the load (been there done that - once and that was enough!)

Cheesebrains
New
Drives: 6R r line

Re: Washer motor not working

Post by Cheesebrains » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:04 am

Thanks for the reply mate, think it's auto electrician time!!!