Polo gti 6C drivers seat

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
dashing
New
Drives: Polo GTI 2015

Polo gti 6C drivers seat

Post by dashing »

Hi everyone,

I have a Polo GTI 2016 and I singed my drivers seat, it's not a hole but one of the stitched lines have been broken, does anyone know of any seat re-upholsterers? As there is no hole, all I'd need to do is replace the cloth on the seat, or would it be cheaper/better to replace the drivers seat?

Thanks
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: Polo gti 6C drivers seat

Post by SRGTD »

I think it should be possible to get just a replacement cover for your existing seat from VW. I’ve read on another forum (think it was one of the Golf forums) where a forum member had an issue with one of their seats, the seat cover, rather than the whole seat, was replaced under warranty.

Your dealer should be able to order a replacement cover or part-cover (if it’s just the backrest cover or the seat base cover) to replace the damaged part. Don’t know how big a job it would be to fit a new cover though.
dashing
New

Post by dashing »

SRGTD wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:08 pm I think it should be possible to get just a replacement cover for your existing seat from VW. I’ve read on another forum (think it was one of the Golf forums) where a forum member had an issue with one of their seats, the seat cover, rather than the whole seat, was replaced under warranty.

Your dealer should be able to order a replacement cover or part-cover (if it’s just the backrest cover or the seat base cover) to replace the damaged part. Don’t know how big a job it would be to fit a new cover though.
It's the seat base, so you're saying I can get just the fabric required for the seat base? I will enquire with VW on Monday to see whether they have this part for the Polo, will probably still need it stitched in by a re-upholsterer. Thanks!
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

I think they can order you the actual seat cover for the base of your seat already made up - not the fabric that would then need to be made into a seat cover.

I have no idea what the cost would be, but at least it should be a perfect match for the driver’s seat backrest and the other seats in your car.
dashing
New

Post by dashing »

SRGTD wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:30 pm I think they can order you the actual seat cover for the base of your seat already made up - not the fabric that would then need to be made into a seat cover.

I have no idea what the cost would be, but at least it should be a perfect match for the driver’s seat backrest and the other seats in your car.
Enquired with VW on the seat cover, £206! :shock:

I did find some OEM material for £40 per square metre, I think that will be the way to go