Petrol injector cleaner.

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Takaboby
New
Drives: 2013 1.4 polo match 6r

Petrol injector cleaner.

Post by Takaboby »

Hi. Can anyone recommend or enlighten me on the pros cons of injection cleaner additives? I have noticed a slight fall in mpg and have had an ongoing glitch where I notice a delay in acceleration when I stop and move from a junction. Thanks, GT.
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: Petrol injector cleaner.

Post by RUM4MO »

Where do you normally get your fuel from, ie proper branded service stations or supermarkets, and which do you use of either "type"?

Have you ever considered, when you next need petrol, filling up with something like Shell V-Power - the higher octane version, then running a couple of tanks of that through your engine to see if it helps?
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

Comma Petrol Magic is excellent stuff
Takaboby
New

Post by Takaboby »

Hi guys. I’ve read the arguments for using ‘quality’ fuel before, but some say these are better suited to RS types. Mine is 1.4 match. I would like to know if there is any point in using injector cleaner additives or, as some say, they do more harm than good.? Is there any reason to choose Comma (for example) over any other brand?
RUM4MO

Post by RUM4MO »

alexperkins wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:37 pm Comma Petrol Magic is excellent stuff
Currently in the tank of my 2011 Audi S4, though I need to get it out for a run to use up the second half of that treated tank of fuel!

I probably like a few of Comma's products, kept a Zetec engine Fiesta running on their dedicated oil for that car, really due to the fact that Ford were too slow to roll out an oil for that engine so I needed to get the correct stuff from elsewhere - and Comma had that covered!
RUM4MO

Post by RUM4MO »

Takaboby wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:35 pm Hi guys. I’ve read the arguments for using ‘quality’ fuel before, but some say these are better suited to RS types. Mine is 1.4 match. I would like to know if there is any point in using injector cleaner additives or, as some say, they do more harm than good.? Is there any reason to choose Comma (for example) over any other brand?
You are correct about the higher octane fuels being intended for use with higher output engines, but that Shell stuff is loaded with extra additives when compared with most other proper branded petrols, but I ran that V-Power stuff in my wife's 2002 Polo with that sort of 1.4 engine - and it loved it, so much so that my wife would not let me change back to ordinary Shell/Esso UL - as I said, try a complete tank or two then go back to ordinary UL either as you have not noticed any difference or it has done its work and cleaned things up a bit!

You have not told us which sort of place you buy petrol from and which brand!
Takaboby
New

Post by Takaboby »

Where I am the choice is between Tesco, Morrison’s or bp. It’s normally Tesco, and always 95. Maybe I’ll go the distance for a shell full tank and see how it goes. I’m a bit wary of fuel additives and have read a lot of negatives. No one seems able to say for sure if they are any good. Thanks, GT
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

Try a few tanks of Tesco Ultimate 99. If anything I’d say it’s better than vpower certainly for them MPG I get.

Petrol magic would do no harm to the engine. It’ll only improve matters. It’s good for idle hesitation and general smoothness