How to enable Bluetooth

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Wruchamps
New
Drives: 2016 Polo GTi stage 1 250hp

How to enable Bluetooth

Post by Wruchamps »

Hi guys,

Just goin to say first off, sorry for the ramble im about to do!

So on my polo, factory headunit, it says i have BT so i press yes on enable, and it cant find it, took to technician where i got my car (carshop) and they tell me i have not got BT ? Even tho it says on my head unit that i have? So they offered me a parrot BT kit, for free, but i dont want a ugly looking bit of kit, on my dash next to the radio, so i just want to know, can they fit or setup that BT thats in my headunit, to be controlled from the normal buttons, i wont fir it myself.

Chhers in advance. 8)
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Re: How to enable Bluetooth

Post by iichel »

I think it would be rather useful to specify what kind of headunit we're talking about, since the polo came with RCD210, RCD310, RCD510, RNS310 and RNS315 fro mfactory.
Wruchamps
New

Post by Wruchamps »

Hi,

How would i find this out? Its a 2012, or would reg number or something else help me to find it?
iichel

Post by iichel »

Maybe make a picture of the front?
Wruchamps
New

Post by Wruchamps »

I just googled all the models and im sure i have the rcd 310, all others look different, and i dont have the car at the moment.
iichel

Post by iichel »

well in that case you need to check whether there is a black box beneath the passenger seat, about 5" x 5", with a blue plug connecting it. RCD310 only has bluetooth via an external control module
Wruchamps
New

Post by Wruchamps »

Ok mate, i will have a look when i get the car back from garage, cheers for the help. 8)
benzinkopf
Gold Member
Drives: 1.2TSI 105HP DSG7

Post by benzinkopf »

iichel wrote:well in that case you need to check whether there is a black box beneath the passenger seat, about 5" x 5", with a blue plug connecting it. RCD310 only has bluetooth via an external control module
speaking of which, i get to know that for RHD vehicle, the BT module is behind the glovebox. Not sure if there’s a bracket ready for the installation or not. But last time, i went through the hassle getting it under my pax seat while mine is RHD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kyle92
New
Drives: 1.2 tdi 2011

Post by kyle92 »

iichel wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:34 pm well in that case you need to check whether there is a black box beneath the passenger seat, about 5" x 5", with a blue plug connecting it. RCD310 only has bluetooth via an external control module
I have this but i have the same issue as benzin?
benzinkopf
Gold Member
Drives: 1.2TSI 105HP DSG7

Post by benzinkopf »

kyle92 wrote:
iichel wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:34 pm well in that case you need to check whether there is a black box beneath the passenger seat, about 5" x 5", with a blue plug connecting it. RCD310 only has bluetooth via an external control module
i dont quite understand. if you have the module under the passenger seat, then?

Willni
Silver Member
Drives: Polo '14 6R, Golf 07' Edition 30

Post by Willni »

No RCD310 actually has bluetooth from standard it has the option if the bluetooth module is connected in the future, but pretty worthless even with it since it would pretty much be purely for music streaming. As you can't run your phone off it without it being illegal i.e picking it up by hand.

I had the TPK bluetooth fitted to mine as standard it's a good little one and resells for £90, I removed mine for a RNS310 complete unit though.
Wruchamps
New

Post by Wruchamps »

Thanks for the help guys, but the place i got my car from, offered to pay for a top of the range £200 pioneer head unit all sorted. 8)
kyle92
New
Drives: 1.2 tdi 2011

Post by kyle92 »

benzinkopf wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:03 am
kyle92 wrote:
i dont quite understand. if you have the module under the passenger seat, then?

I have the module and the option on my unit but i can't find it when searching for devices with my phone, not sure if i am doing something wrong or if the unit is faulty.