Air Filter O-ring (1.6 TDI)

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
halfbytecode
New
Drives: 2010 1.6 TDI

Air Filter O-ring (1.6 TDI)

Post by halfbytecode »

Hi,

I am looking for a replacement O-ring that goes into the air filter box. However, it does not seem to be listed on ETKA, and I am not able to find the part number. Please check out the picture below, for reference.

If it is not available separately, could someone please help me find the O-ring specifications (inner diameter, width, material)?

Thank you.
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: Air Filter O-ring (1.6 TDI)

Post by RUM4MO »

I've not got a 1.6TDI or a 1.4TSI twincharger, but, is that O ring not just part of the air filter element or maybe the air filter element has been modified to include - if you are replacing a filter is it a genuine VW Group one, as if so and if that O ring is/can be required, I'd expect it to be supplied with the new filter element, though I'd also expect it to be available by itself - in theory.
halfbytecode
New
Drives: 2010 1.6 TDI

Post by halfbytecode »

Hi,

This is the air filter for my car. I think it is also used in a few other engines. Its part number is 6R0 129 620 A.

I have my car maintained at the dealership, and I have never used an aftermarket filter. I do not know if the O-ring comes in the box, along with a new filter.

Please help.
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

Hi again, what exactly is your problem, have you looked into this filter assembly some time ago and found an O ring seal in there and now it is not in there, or is that O ring seal still in there but damaged so you want to replace it?

It could be that early in production there was an O ring seal in there, and the Haynes repair manual was written at that time, but now there is an effective diaphragm seal in that end of the revised filter element or just a blind hole at one end where in earlier versions there was a through hole and so an O ring seal was needed to prevent unfiltered air getting into the filtered air side of that filter.

I'm trying to help but just guessing, and yes I agree that the parts listing does not show any O ring seal in there, and the Mann parts listing does not show an O ring being supplied with a new filter element.