Dashboard swap! Seat Toledo Instrument Cluster on Cross Polo 6R

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
EdgardoRodriguez
Getting There!
Drives: other

Re: Dashboard swap! Seat Toledo Instrument Cluster on Cross Polo 6R

Post by EdgardoRodriguez »

benzinkopf wrote:
EdgardoRodriguez wrote:Nice!! What does profile>system on means?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
i was told that the profile system set the individual setting inside MFA depending on the key used. E.g. you use the first key and set the MFA data based on your preferences, then the second key will have its own set preferences.

i had not yet try with my 2nd key

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great thanks for clearing my doubts. For hazard light button always on which adap channel have you used ? 68? I have ah PQ25 Max4 but that channel does not make it for me

benzinkopf
Gold Member
Drives: 1.2TSI 105HP DSG7

Post by benzinkopf »

EdgardoRodriguez wrote:
benzinkopf wrote:

i was told that the profile system set the individual setting inside MFA depending on the key used. E.g. you use the first key and set the MFA data based on your preferences, then the second key will have its own set preferences.

Great thanks for clearing my doubts. For hazard light button always on which adap channel have you used ? 68? I have ah PQ25 Max4 but that channel does not make it for me

Yes. Adapt Channel 68 from 0 to 1.

Yeah. My first bcm 090 is not working either. after i got bcm 090b, it works.

MaDwArLoCk
Bronze Member
Drives: Cross Polo 2010 TSI

Post by MaDwArLoCk »

benzinkopf wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:49 pm

Honestly I don’t know! 😄
Probably benzinkopf is right, that is Personalisation.
In that case we need to change corresponding bit in 17 module coding.
But it is currently impossible, coding is rejected every time...
exantas
Bronze Member
Drives: Skoda Fabia 5J 1.2 TSI

Post by exantas »

MaDwArLoCk wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:35 am
exantas wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:10 pm Thanks for the offer MaDwArLoCk

I don't have access on the original IC now and I forgot to take a picture when it was out.

I will have to plan it since the car will have to stay standing for the time the parts travel to Netherlands and back to Greece.

In general, is there an option I use a eeprom reader clip and a usb dongle to extract the eeprom and send the files to someone to extract the PIN from the bin files? (I will pay for the PIN oc)
Is this something feasible?

Theodoros
It’s more complicated that you think.
With simple words: Immo data indeed stored in EEPROM but it’s encrypted and decryption key is in the IC’s CPU.
So it’s not possible to extract immo just from EEPROM, this can be done only with a cluster itself...

We can discuss it, I’ll send you PM
Thank you for the info. I will let you know.

PS sorry for spamming the thread, I am new member and can't PM yet :/
spacewalker
Bronze Member
Drives: Just a VW

Post by spacewalker »

I don't have access on the original IC now and I forgot to take a picture when it was out.

I will have to plan it since the car will have to stay standing for the time the parts travel to Netherlands and back to Greece.

In general, is there an option I use a eeprom reader clip and a usb dongle to extract the eeprom and send the files to someone to extract the PIN from the bin files? (I will pay for the PIN oc)

Theodoros
why you want to pay for useless PIN ?
PIN is not longer use since 2004 ......
exantas
Bronze Member

Post by exantas »

spacewalker wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:17 pm

Theodoros
why you want to pay for useless PIN ?
PIN is not longer use since 2004 ......
I thought that there was an option to swap the PQ25 based cluster using the extracted PIN with VCDS
maxym
New
Drives: 6R

Post by maxym »

Hi. Great mod. Two questions though. You said that instrument cluster from Skoda Rapid or Seat Toledo won't fit into the Polo 6C cluster case. How about 6R case? Will they fit?

And second. If I change my current cluster to the one from Skoda Rapid or Seat Toledo will they turn on and communicate with the car without any coding? Just from the box? I know car won't start because of the immobiliser but can I swap my cluster just in purpose of pairing a phone with the BT module? I need mfa+ cluster for doing that and I wonder can I do a quick swap just for that one thing and then return to my stock instrument cluster.
MaDwArLoCk
Bronze Member
Drives: Cross Polo 2010 TSI

Post by MaDwArLoCk »

maxym wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:55 am Hi. Great mod. Two questions though. You said that instrument cluster from Skoda Rapid or Seat Toledo won't fit into the Polo 6C cluster case. How about 6R case? Will they fit?

And second. If I change my current cluster to the one from Skoda Rapid or Seat Toledo will they turn on and communicate with the car without any coding? Just from the box? I know car won't start because of the immobiliser but can I swap my cluster just in purpose of pairing a phone with the BT module? I need mfa+ cluster for doing that and I wonder can I do a quick swap just for that one thing and then return to my stock instrument cluster.
Hi maxym,

You can use original 6R case but won’t fit perfectly. There will be gaps between case and display.

I am not completely understand how MFA+ cluster related to pairing a phone with the BT module!
You can pair your phone with RNS/RCD or VCDS...

You can try to plug in your new cluster but I advice you to save your ABS coding because this operation will reset it!
benzinkopf
Gold Member
Drives: 1.2TSI 105HP DSG7

Post by benzinkopf »

If i remember correctly. Ive got my BT module paired to RCD310 way long before I upgrade to RCD510 and way way long before i have MFA+. I think there’s no issue with pairing. Probably you need VCDS to clear the paired phone list inside the BT module before can pair a new one. Of course, with MFA+, you can do it there.

maxym
New

Post by maxym »

MaDwArLoCk wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:23 am I am not completely understand how MFA+ cluster related to pairing a phone with the BT module!
Unfortunately I do not have such option :( I have premium BT module(3C8035730B) and if I understand it properly such module is paired by the car. I mean the car(not the phone) is looking for visible devices and then send request for one of them to connect. So without MFA+ display I'm not able to search for a phone and phone is not finding the BT module(I guess is hidden). What more I cannot change it state to visible even with VCDS. At least i don't see any channel in adaption mode to do that. Am I understanding it wrong?

On the RCD510 phone mode I can see only a message: "No connected users" (or something like that) and SOS button. That's all I got :(
You can try to plug in your new cluster but I advice you to save your ABS coding because this operation will reset it!
Thanks. I wouldn't think of doing it :)
You can use original 6R case but won’t fit perfectly. There will be gaps between case and display.
Those gaps. Will they be clearly noticeable?
spacewalker
Bronze Member

Post by spacewalker »

maxym wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:29 pm
MaDwArLoCk wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:23 am I am not completely understand how MFA+ cluster related to pairing a phone with the BT module!
Unfortunately I do not have such option :( I have premium BT module(3C8035730B) and if I understand it properly such module is paired by the car. I mean the car(not the phone) is looking for visible devices and then send request for one of them to connect. So without MFA+ display I'm not able to search for a phone and phone is not finding the BT module(I guess is hidden). What more I cannot change it state to visible even with VCDS. At least i don't see any channel in adaption mode to do that. Am I understanding it wrong?

On the RCD510 phone mode I can see only a message: "No connected users" (or something like that) and SOS button. That's all I got :(
Thanks. I wouldn't think of doing it :)
Those gaps. Will they be clearly noticeable?
basic BT such as 1K8035730 can be operate /pair only from radio,
non of BT is pair with CAR , with proper CAN connection and proper equipmets can be connect to compatibile cars and reciode
when you connect new (not pair cluster) you will have IMMO ACTIVE and no access to any options , so is waste of time
maxym
New

Post by maxym »

spacewalker wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:07 pm basic BT such as 1K8035730 can be operate /pair only from radio,
non of BT is pair with CAR , with proper CAN connection and proper equipmets can be connect to compatibile cars and reciode
when you connect new (not pair cluster) you will have IMMO ACTIVE and no access to any options , so is waste of time
So as long immo is active on new ic as long I cannot even use mfa+? :( what a bummer :(
I had for a short time module 1K8035730D. There was an option to set its visibility and pin code via VCDS adaptation mode so I was able to connect my phone without any problem. Sadly with new BT module both options had disappeared :(
spacewalker
Bronze Member

Post by spacewalker »

maxym wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:27 pm
spacewalker wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:07 pm basic BT such as 1K8035730 can be operate /pair only from radio,
So as long immo is active on new ic as long I cannot even use mfa+? :( what a bummer :(
I had for a short time module 1K8035730D. There was an option to set its visibility and pin code via VCDS adaptation mode so I was able to connect my phone without any problem. Sadly with new BT module both options had disappeared :(
there is some trick how to 'bay pass" it to test , but need some skills etc,
sorry for bad news
exantas
Bronze Member

Post by exantas »

I have read that when you buy a used IC, should be "reset" before you install it, so it doesn't show error in immo. It is the same as supervag putting the cluster in service mode, or is it a separate process completely?

Also when you buy a used cluster, is it possible to be locked in the content that even with supervag you won't be able to program it to work on the new car?

Last, swapping the IC do we need to reapply ABS settings with VCDS? Do we need to take a backup of the current settings for the module or something?
Luigid
New
Drives: Polo 6r 1.6 tdi

Post by Luigid »

hi guys, is it possible with vag-tacho v5.0 to program the keys if you change the speedometer? or another tool not so expensive? if you remove the eeprom you can't "enter" the codes directly into the file?