Polo GTI 6C APR Re-Map UK

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Benji6c
New
Drives: GTI 6C

Polo GTI 6C APR Re-Map UK

Post by Benji6c »

Hi guys, new to the forum.

Have had a miltek catback exhaust fitted since buying the car in April but I want to squeeze a bit more power out of it. Have seen a lot of people with stage 1 maps but I am a bit scared of trying any as I have seen people have had problems with the DsG gearbox blowing itself up or the turbo. I have narrowed down to either Revo or APR maps. Has anyone got experience with either? Would be a great help
Gee40
Bronze Member
Drives: 2016 6c GTI (manual), 1982 Mk1Golf GTI

Re: Polo GTI 6C APR Re-Map UK

Post by Gee40 »

I've not used APR or Revo but have been looking into remaps as I've got a manual 6c GTI and am considering going down this route. In the past I've remapped a couple of cars (not petrol's but turbo diesels) and although the results were excellent from a performance and MPG point of view, problems quickly surfaced as the huge torque of the diesels started to overwhelm the clutches which started slipping. As a result of this, I've been looking for a map that will minimise the extra stress on the clutch and found that Revo offer a "semi Skimmed" version of a remap with less torque than the "full fat" version. Clearly this will offer less of a performance gain but is kinder on the transmission.

With the DSG I would tread very carefully as VW have de tuned the standard map because of fears over the DSG's ability to cope with the torque. If you really want a remap, the Revo "semi Skimmed" is the one I'd look at.
Dink
Platinum Member
Drives: 2015 GTI

Post by Dink »

imho if i had a dsg, i'd be picking the dsg revo map. as i'm not sure apr have a dsg map and the other map they do just makes the car undrivable.

in a manual i'd say apr or a custom code one. i had a stage 2 apr map on my 9n3 and is was spot on.
Benji6c
New

Post by Benji6c »

Cheers guys I’m gonna look into the revo one a bit more and see if apr do offer a dsg map. The apr is a bit more expensive than the revo which is swaying me slightly but have heard good and bad things from both, I guess I’ll have to try one and give the feedback when it’s done
panosvet
New
Drives: Vw polo gti 6c

Post by panosvet »

Have been reading about the new WV arteon 2.0diesel. Gearbox is 7speed, and torque is 34nm for 1750-3000rpm. Guess it is a stronger variant of a dsg that can help us at last stand up to the challenge with our manual gearbox gti owners? What about the dsg tune, is it a tune for smaller torue on lower rpms?

Ps. Driving the car on D puts alot of stress to the dsg i think, because when you want to accerelate mildly it does that from 6th or 7th gear and this cannot be good for the stresses of the internals. I feel like the car suffers a lot less on S for that matter...
Benji6c
New

Post by Benji6c »

So I've had the car done by Revo now.

Amazing how much of a difference there is.

I was surprised to find that there is no gear box map with a Revo tune but you only really notice the gear box when its in standard mode as it just constantly wants to pull.

I ended up running 236bhp on the dyno so wasn't too bad, just pricey

Only problem Ive had since then is that the emissions light keeps coming on and i have a feeling it may be to do with the map but I'm going to take it to VW to get them to find the problem