Fuel Tank Filler Cap Stuck

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
benzinkopf
Gold Member
Drives: 1.2TSI 105HP DSG7

Fuel Tank Filler Cap Stuck

Post by benzinkopf »

Hi everybody.
Sometimes I got issue with the cap won’t open after unlock and it drives me crazy when I’m next to the petrol pump. So I will push the cap hard enough 2-3 times until it open. It happens quite sometime and intermittent but since the last days, it becomes worst and I hardly can open with the normal way.

anybody experiences the same thing?

my questions
1. is there any manual release for the cap in polo 6R? I know most other models got this manual release cable but i cant find in mine

2. Is the locking actuator need to be changed or simple remove and lubricate will make it smooth again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Re: Fuel Tank Filler Cap Stuck

Post by iichel »

Better replace it before it locks forever. It happens a lot
There is no manual release but the cable from Audi A1 fits
RUM4MO
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

iichel wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:49 pm Better replace it before it locks forever. It happens a lot
I looked into that, found the number but so far did no more, maybe I should learn from this and buy and fit that cable/tie/nylon cord maybe before I have any problems.

On a funny version of this, my wife's previous Polo came configured for "one press = driver's door unlocked" and I thought that it suited her use of that car so left it like that, my Passat came with one press opens all doors, so I stopped for fuel and almost got so annoyed that I ripped the fuel flap door off - I was stopped/saved by the lady manager of the fuel station, she suggested I press the "unlock" button again!! She was right!
benzinkopf
Gold Member

Post by benzinkopf »

iichel wrote:Better replace it before it locks forever. It happens a lot
any further information and reference on how to fit this A1 cable? I think its necessary now to have that manual option

benzinkopf
Gold Member

Post by benzinkopf »

RUM4MO wrote:
On a funny version of this, my wife's previous Polo came configured for "one press = driver's door unlocked" and I thought that it suited her use of that car so left it like that, my Passat came with one press opens all doors, so I stopped for fuel and almost got so annoyed that I ripped the fuel flap door off - I was stopped/saved by the lady manager of the fuel station, she suggested I press the "unlock" button again!! She was right!
Yes. i did enable the single door unlocking function for safety purpose. but no matter how many times i push the unlock button on the driver door, the flap still lock.

iichel
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

benzinkopf wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:27 am
iichel wrote:Better replace it before it locks forever. It happens a lot
any further information and reference on how to fit this A1 cable? I think its necessary now to have that manual option

since your german is excellent: http://www.polo6rfreunde.de/index.php/T ... riegelung/