Start stop vcds

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Kevan
New
Drives: 6c Polo GTI

Start stop vcds

Post by Kevan »

Hi guys, we have a 2016 6c GTI , can the start stop function be disabled with vcds?
Thanks in advance
Kevan.
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Re: Start stop vcds

Post by iichel »

no that is not possible
benzinkopf
Gold Member
Drives: 1.2TSI 105HP DSG7

Post by benzinkopf »

iichel wrote:no that is not possible
I heard theres a way to “cheat” the system by changing the voltage parameter somewhere that the car thinks the power supply is not enough hence Auto Start/Stop will not engage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
iichel
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

I've only read that it's possible for the Golf 7, but you can have a try.
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/ ... 94276.html

I'm personally against disabling emission devices. But have a try.
Kevan
New
Drives: 6c Polo GTI

Post by Kevan »

Thanks guys. Will just keep pushing the button on the dash then 👍
Ricmondo
Gold Member
Drives: Polo Blue GT

Post by Ricmondo »

Alternatively you could just leave it to function as intended and relish the fact that you have the ability make a minuscule contribution towards improving air quality.
benzinkopf
Gold Member
Drives: 1.2TSI 105HP DSG7

Post by benzinkopf »

Yeah. I kind of agree with Iichel and ricmondo. But everywhere, ppl keep asking how to turn it off. Come to think of it, the system shall not affect any other operations inside outside the car except turning of the engine because its not moving. Is it because the switching on and off of the engine gives a discomfort feeling for the driver inside? i wonder because i dont have that function. I just have the button🤣

ciclo
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Post by ciclo »

joe6
Bronze Member
Drives: Golf Mk6 GTI (Scirocco gone) Polo 6c GTI

Post by joe6 »

benzinkopf wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:35 pm Yeah. I kind of agree with Iichel and ricmondo. But everywhere, ppl keep asking how to turn it off. Come to think of it, the system shall not affect any other operations inside outside the car except turning of the engine because its not moving. Is it because the switching on and off of the engine gives a discomfort feeling for the driver inside? i wonder because i dont have that function. I just have the button🤣

I have heard, but not been able to confirmed it, that continually start/stop causes additional wear on the turbo shaft because of oil feed problems, particularly on earlier turbos. Mine is switched off by setting the activation voltage to 12 instead of 8v and on for garage visits.
Ricmondo
Gold Member
Drives: Polo Blue GT

Post by Ricmondo »

Given the limited circumstances under which stop start is activated I very much doubt that you will get that confirmation.

Hot stop turbo wear generally results from heat induced molecular degradation of the oil changing its ability to lubricate upon start up, it is a gradual rather than instant process. The engine would need to be inactive far longer than the start stop norm to suffer in that way. Obviously there will be zero wear when the engine is taking a nap and generally speaking there should be adequate residue lubrication remaining as there would be insufficient time for leak off or (the great British?) bake off.

Stop start certainly punishes the starter motor and battery but VW say they have been beefed up and, as recent events have shown VW are utterly trustworthy!

The only downside I have experienced has been auto restart uphill with a lot of steering lock applied, the jerky take off makes you look like a learner or just a poor driver, once you’ve experienced that you quickly learn how to avoid it though.