Gti side skirts

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
sbarker555uk
New
Drives: gti

Gti side skirts

Post by sbarker555uk »

Does anyone know how these fit or can be clipped on?

Mine on drivers side immediately behind the front wheel seems little loose has couple mm gap that you can push snug with bodywork. Only like this for about the first five cm on the trim. Rest is nice and tight, passenger side is all good. Have tried to push this and looked underneath but can't work out how it is secured or clipped.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: Gti side skirts

Post by SRGTD »

On mine, there’s what looks like a single small hex-shaped bolt about halfway along the underside of the skirt, so this would need to be removed first. As the skirts are the same design as those fitted to the mk7 Golf GTI, I’m assuming the fixings are the same. You can see the fixings on the rear of the Golf GTI version (horizontal slots) in the pictures at the link below; second picture. I’m assuming there is a row of threaded fixings along the length of the sill that the horizontal slots in the back of the side skirt fit over.

https://www.kunzmann.de/shop/en/exterie ... ---gtd.htm

So, it looks as if once the single bolt is removed, the side skirt should slide sideways and it should be possible to lift it away from the sill. If there are threaded fixings in the sill, then I suspect that adjusting the threaded fixing behind where the side skirt doesn’t sit flush with the sill will remove the gap - this assumes they can be adjusted (i.e. threaded a bit further into the sill).

I seem to remember that you’ve only had your GTI (from new) a short while, so it’ll still be under warranty. Have you taken it into the dealer to look at and fix?
sbarker555uk
New
Drives: gti

Re: Gti side skirts

Post by sbarker555uk »

Thanks yes not had long I could take into dealer but quite often better to do it properly yourself!