Polo 6C Seat Heating

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Eduard
Getting There!
Drives: 6C

Polo 6C Seat Heating

Post by Eduard »

Ok so, "winter is coming", and, I've mounted my heated washer jets, while also planned on mounting the heated seats.

So, I went on and bought the Skoda version of the heaters, being cheaper and fitting in just fine, you can see how they fit here:

Ran all the wiring, looks like a mess currently :oops:

Fitted everything back, and left the wires hanging, next to the pedals, as you can see in the following pic, so everything is nice and smooth:

Now, I bought the wiring from some Netherland company, as they said the cable fits a 6C, which was nice, since I didn't have to do it anymore ( not having the crimping tool and wire with me ). After wiring everything I just realised the cable is for a 6R actually and not a 6C, so I started looking up the differences:

Not a big issue though, as the main difference is in the fuses, since 6R only uses one 20A fuse ( SB37 ).
Here's what I needed to do:

- T16n/5 goes to BCM T73a/36
- T16n/9 to some grounding point

- T16n/13 to SC55 ( 10A )
- T16n/14 to SC36 ( 10A )

- T6ac/3 ( E94, driver seat regulator ) -- backlight
- T6ad/3 ( E95, passender seat regulator ) -- backlight

Both /3 pins from above need to be soldered together and connected to some backlight source ( can be any other dash switch, though you surely have the rear window heating switch to connect to, just not hazard lights ).

- T6ac/4 ( E94, driver seat regulator ) -- power source
- T6ad/4 ( E95, passender seat regulator ) -- power source

Both /4 pins from above need to be soldered together and connected to SC26 ( 5A ).

Ok so at this moment, we have all the backlighting, as well as the power needed for the heater control unit and the regulators fused correctly, as well as the connection to the BCM and the grounding done correctly.

This is where I'm at because I need to figure out the /1 and /2 slots from each regulator, as they seem to differ from 6R to 6C regarding wiring.
For the 6C expects:
- E94 ( driver seat )
--- T16n/3 into T6ac/1
--- T16n/1 into T6ac/2

- E95 ( passenger seat )
--- T16n/4 into T6ad/1
--- T16n/2 into T6ad/2

While the 6R expects:
- E94 ( driver seat )
--- T16n/4 into T6ac/1
--- T16n/2 into T6ac/2

- E95 ( passenger seat )
--- T16n/1 into T6ad/1
--- T16n/3 into T6ad/2

Though, there is some confusion here: as the E95 slot numbering is reversed, in the 6R WD, picture comparison here:

Anyone who mounted seat heating knows if that numbering is actually wrong ? I mean, does T16n/1 really go into T6ad/5 or did they reverse the switch so you know which is driver and which is passenger side ( in regulator connectors )

This is where I'm at currently, trying to figure which slots go where exactly.

Also, can someone explain why does the seat heater need power from terminals like 15, 30 or 75 ?
I mean, I know that 15 stands for power while ignition is switched ON, 30 for direct battery power, and 75 is for cigarette lighter and radio (reference here, as well as in the WD file).

But it doesn't really make sense for it to have continuous power even after car is locked.

Let me know if I am wrong, always open to suggestions.
Eduard
Getting There!

Re: Polo 6C Seat Heating

Post by Eduard »

Actually, on a second look, it seems that 6C ( passenger regulator - E95 ) is actually the 6R ( driver regulator - E94 ) as the wires are exactly the same.
As for the 6C ( driver regulator - E94 ), it seems to be exactly as the 6R ( passenger regulator ) but with /1 and /2 swapped.

So basically I just need to:
1. Fix the fuses so I can find the 75 terminal, as I don't seem to have it where the SC55 fuse is located
2. Swap the driver regulator with the passenger one
2. Swapping the slots /1 with /2 in the "driver" regulator E94.

At least, that's what I think I need, after looking at the diagrams.
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

The terminal 30 is simply intended as a way to relief some stress from the terminal 15/75 relay. The GND is still switched as it looks.
I'm not sure abuot the reverse thing. Now you have backlighting so that doesn't make sense if it would be reversed.
Eduard
Getting There!

Post by Eduard »

Ah ok, makes sense, for the 30 terminal. That explains it.

As for the numbering on the 6R diagram, yeah, it made no sense to me, because if the numbering would have been different, then the slots and the device schema should be reversed as well.

I'll just continue with the fuse wiring in the weekend, see what gives, and come back with details. Hopefully it works just fine :)
JaegerStriker
Bronze Member
Drives: 6C GTI

Post by JaegerStriker »

did you manage to get this fully working?

looking to do the same to my gti.

would you be able to provide some of the parts that i would need please?

cheers