False floor

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
6RPotentialBuyer
Getting There!
Drives: Candy White Polo 6R

False floor

Post by 6RPotentialBuyer »

As I have the Polo S, it did not come with the adjustable boot floor that you can raise and lower. How hard would it be to retrofit this to the car? I quite like the idea of having it however I have no idea what is needed to do this.
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Re: False floor

Post by iichel »

probably you'll just need the plate, the two holders and 4 screws. but it would be good to check, whether there are the holes in the car body, behind the boot trim. it's just behind the rear seats, about 6 inches from the floor.
ag69
Silver Member
Drives: 1.2TSi 77Kw 7DSG

Post by ag69 »

Part Number for holders are:
6R0858847
6R0858848
Willni
Silver Member
Drives: Polo '14 6R, Golf 07' Edition 30

Post by Willni »

In my experience it's just annoying to be honest i only keep mine in because i can't be bothered getting a lower plastic mat
RUM4MO
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

I think to do this job properly, you would need to buy new side "ledges/covers" so that you can lift the new false floor and the new "ledges/covers" will have plastic clips that retain the false floor in its "lifted" position which still allows the hatch to close properly.

The false floor is a mixed blessing to have, it hides all the "essential crap" that you might carry, while leaving the false floor to cover it all up until it is needed.

Maybe I'm a tight wad, but I've taken the rubber cover from the old 2002 9N Polo and fitted it into the lower floor on the 2015 Polo.
Bodge
New
Drives: 2011 Polo 1.4 SE 5dr

Post by Bodge »

Yeah I wouldn't bother if I were you!

I'm currently in the process of removing the raised floor as I find it completely pointless if you actually need boot space. I just bought the flexible boot liner from VW for the lower position and have removed the false floor board. Currently the flexible boot liner doesn't fit perfectly as the plastic side lugs that position the floor board are in the way, so I'll remove them tonight too (looks like 2 screws per side).

I just want to be able to use the maximum available boot space. With the raised floor I can barely get a pushchair in and I find the extra depth makes a huge difference.

I'f you're not bothered about space though I suppose the false floor is fine. Handy for hiding stuff away and easily sliding stuff in and out.
coffee_king
Getting There!
Drives: 1.2 TSi

Post by coffee_king »

iichel wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:58 am probably you'll just need the plate, the two holders and 4 screws. but it would be good to check, whether there are the holes in the car body, behind the boot trim. it's just behind the rear seats, about 6 inches from the floor.
Does anyone know if the holes are there already on all Polos or if they would need drilling intro the inner bodywork?
Im looking at doing this to my father in laws Polo (Who lives no where near me and I cant trust him to pull the boot trim interior away himself) so I cant check this myself.
iichel
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

in the EU spec Polos, its unusual for it not to be present. in other markets, I'm not so sure.
coffee_king
Getting There!
Drives: 1.2 TSi

Post by coffee_king »

I am in the UK nu I'll check it out and report back next time I'm over there.
Thanks