Auto headlight retrofit. VW Transporter. T5 (2010-2015)

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
El Boss
New
Drives: Vw T5GP LWB

Re: Auto headlight retrofit. VW Transporter. T5 (2010-2015)

Post by El Boss »

Dear ciclo sorry for late reply. Relay what i have its not oem vag. But aftermarket. Now i can see thate i have to get 645 relay with a holder i will go tomorrow to vw dealer to get one.
Oooh yaaah i got my cables for my dimmer mirror its with 8 pin connector.
8pin connector ciclo as i can see the pin pin 1 from 8pin connector must be a fuse i gues 10a and 3pin from rls pin 1 fuse 7.5a. but now the question is where to put.
i have to read the thread 2sec time but cant see. after 10days i will make a upgrade of my xenon headlights.
https://imgur.com/rVBKagE
https://imgur.com/mSvtLxU
Last edited by El Boss on Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bizmo
Getting There!
Drives: Transporter T5GP

Post by Bizmo »

ciclo wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:31 am I recommend you buy this crimping tool.
Right tool arrived,

Wires ran from engine bay to BCM
Wires ran from fuseboxes to BCM

Just the wiring you've given me to install then the rain sensor!

Any tips for taking the terminals out of the T17? Finding it tricky on first attempt but that might just be because I am tired!
ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Post by ciclo »

Bizmo wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:02 pm Right tool arrived,

Wires ran from engine bay to BCM
Wires ran from fuseboxes to BCM

Just the wiring you've given me to install then the rain sensor!

Any tips for taking the terminals out of the T17? Finding it tricky on first attempt but that might just be because I am tired!
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from ... ol&_sop=15

Some images :arrow: in this installation guide (from pg 10...).
Important note: above guide is not related to your installation, follow the instructions posted in this thread.
El Boss
New
Drives: Vw T5GP LWB

Post by El Boss »

Good morning every one. Ciclo today we got a skoda octavia. And i can take any parts what i want. What do you think this relay holder wit all to remive in my t5? And i think this relay is for rls as i can see the color. https://imgur.com/e6diNm4 oem nr is 7m0 951 253 c
Bizmo
Getting There!
Drives: Transporter T5GP

Post by Bizmo »

ciclo wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:21 pm Some images :arrow: in this installation guide (from pg 10...).
Important note: above guide is not related to your installation, follow the instructions posted in this thread.
Was just me being tired, I was pushing those tabs in instead of pulling them out!

All your wiring is in now and everything seems to be working fine, I've run out of daylight to check with VCDS so will check in the morning but all looks good.

Final wiring to do to connect the RLS and the Mirror and then I can put the van back together and drive it!

Found the diagrams on ELSA and it looks fairly straight forward.

Common ground for both, SC19B for the mirror, SC21B for the RLS (SC19A is +15 which I have taken from the spare from T17 and SC21 is +30 which I have spliced into the 30 from the t17) then T73b/24 for the RLS and a connection to T8al which is a connection in the roof harness for the reading light.

The only thing thats confusing me further is the connection from T72b/12 and /48 thats described, seems like thats something to do with the reversing light as described in your tutorial but you said it was possible to code it out. Should I run this wire to be sure or is there no need? I didn't have anything in T17k/7 so guessing thats where it would connect and then on to the BCM but not sure, any ideas?

ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Bizmo wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:02 am Was just me being tired, I was pushing those tabs in instead of pulling them out!

All your wiring is in now and everything seems to be working fine, I've run out of daylight to check with VCDS so will check in the morning but all looks good.

Final wiring to do to connect the RLS and the Mirror and then I can put the van back together and drive it!
8)

Bizmo wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:02 am Common ground for both, SC19B for the mirror, SC21B for the RLS (SC19A is +15 which I have taken from the spare from T17 and SC21 is +30 which I have spliced into the 30 from the t17) then T73b/24 for the RLS and ...
Correct. :wink:
Bizmo wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:02 am ...a connection to T8al which is a connection in the roof harness for the reading light.

The only thing thats confusing me further is the connection from T72b/12 and /48 thats described, seems like thats something to do with the reversing light as described in your tutorial but you said it was possible to code it out. Should I run this wire to be sure or is there no need? I didn't have anything in T17k/7 so guessing thats where it would connect and then on to the BCM but not sure, any ideas?

You can splice the new reversing signal wire for the auto dimming mirror at any point of the present green/black wire in your T5 (after the reversing light switch).

This new signal wire has no diagnosis, it only transmits the reversing signal.
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

El Boss wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:12 am Good morning every one. Ciclo today we got a skoda octavia. And i can take any parts what i want. What do you think this relay holder wit all to remive in my t5? And i think this relay is for rls as i can see the color. https://imgur.com/e6diNm4 oem nr is 7m0 951 253 c
Hello El Boss.

It could be a good solution, but I can not advise you in this regard. If you do, show us how you have installed it.
That relay is 30A.
Dazzyboy81
New
Drives: Transporter

Post by Dazzyboy81 »

Absolutely brilliant you helped my friend Graham Scott earlier in the year but the distance between us is to great and he said you knew your stuff...... can I ask you could do me a list of what needs buying to build looms etc etc so I have everything to hand before I start.... also if any looms can be supplied be yourself I obviously willing to pay for your help and parts as it would help me greatly thanks circo 👍🏻
Dazzyboy81
New

Post by Dazzyboy81 »

Ok sorry if I seem to jumped in with a load of rubbish.... I will take the pictures and do a scan as I have now read the entire thread sorry..... hope you are still willing to help? Again apologies circo 👍🏻
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Hi Crazyboy81, I'm dazzled by you and your perseverance.
---
By other side, right now I'm on vacation. (Meditation time ... Image, Image, Image, ...)

Crazyboy81 please, post the requested information so I can help you as soon as possible, ...however, bear in mind it may not be possible until September.
Thanks.

I'll try my best. ciclo
---
Note: This post doesn't contain any 'quote' in reference to anyone. :mrgreen:
Dazzyboy81
New

Post by Dazzyboy81 »

Perfect thanks buddy,

I look forward to hearing from you when you can I will try and use all relevant information in post to primilary fit 090d bcm and look forward to getting the other parts sorted when we can

thanks Darren
Dazzyboy81
New

Post by Dazzyboy81 »

Hi ciclo,

I was wondering I know you on vacation but im in need of a little help, I have managed to now fit 090D BCM and all functions are working at the point of how it was before so with no RLS, Bi-xenons Auto lights, etc, etc

I had a strange problem with central locking faults saying 'Response closing status of drivers door' this was also for passenger door, left sliding door (only one I have) and rear left door?? mines tailgate?

i fired the last coding in you sent to grascott and then modified the obvious differences, at this point central locking workfing as it should be van icon on dash showing side door open when closed and vice versa??

Many thanks, its just i am away this weekend and worried van will not lock properly,

Daren
iichel
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

Perhaps it would be good to have a very recent autoscan with all the coding changes you performed... :)
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Dazzyboy81 wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:06 am Hi ciclo,
Hi Dazzyboy81
The instructions are very clear :arrow: http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.ph ... eplacement (... prior to module removal)

Look in the logs folder of the ross-tech program for the last autoscan you made with your old BCM. Copy the coding and paste it for your new BCM 090D. There will be faults in your new BCM Max 090D due to the lack of wiring adaptation, ...but the rest will be solved.
Dazzyboy81
New

Post by Dazzyboy81 »

Thank you so much I did however follow the instructions s and copied coding from old unit, however I know sometimes best to go back through it all and check thanks ciclo