Auto headlight retrofit. VW Transporter. T5 (2010-2015)

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Re: Auto headlight retrofit

Post by ciclo »

It is not necessary to refit the wiring of automatic lights at this point.

The Autoscan is perfect :wink: at this point where we are ... that is, at the beginning. Do not get impatient :lol: , you're going to have to work hard. We are going to divide the work into three phases. (from easy to difficult)

Expect me to elaborate the information, my English is not very good and sometimes I have difficulties to find the exact words (to be understood by you). Right now (as ever) I have other processes open, but rest assured that the information will arrive as soon as possible.

----
By the way, beautiful T5 with Sport steering wheel. 8)
Please when possible post a couple of pictures of Dashboard. Thanks!
graylscott
Getting There!
Drives: T5GP

Post by graylscott »

I was worried that I should have put it back in already! :lol:

Thanks for this I am looking forward to getting it sorted!

Don't worry, I'm not afraid of hard work! :lol:

I appreciate you are very busy! Your expertise is obviously in high demand! :wink:

----
Thanks for your kind words! I'll post some pics now!
Since changing the BCM, the steering wheel illumination has started working! (it didn't before) 8)
iichel
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

for the two 'Terminal 30: open circuit' errors, you'll probably have to run two wires to your fuse box.

2.5mm2 wire from fuse box terminal 30 to T73a/63
and
2.5mm2 wire from fuse box terminal 30 to T73b/68

Fuse both with 30A
graylscott
Getting There!

Post by graylscott »

First attempt at the steering wheel (didn't realise that those buttons wouldn't work) :oops:

Managed to find some buttons on eBay so didn't have to change the whole wheel :D

Seats re-trimmed in leather (Scirocco style instead of Bentley wanted to keep it OEM(ish)

After upgrading my BCM for Xenons/AHL i got a bonus prize! The BCM is from a 2015 van so the steering wheel illumination now works!! 8)
graylscott
Getting There!

Post by graylscott »

iichel wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:19 pm for the two 'Terminal 30: open circuit' errors, you'll probably have to run two wires to your fuse box.

and

Fuse both with 30A
Amazing, I'll get some wire/fuses on order!

Thanks iichel!
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

iichel wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:19 pm for the two 'Terminal 30: open circuit' errors, you'll probably have to run two wires to your fuse box.

and

Fuse both with 30A
Something like this, but not the same way.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2nv91 ... sp=sharing

They are not the only wires to add ... iichel. If you do not provide all the information it is better not to say anything that may confuse many other users who follow this topic.
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

graylscott wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:20 pm Managed to find some buttons on eBay so didn't have to change the whole wheel :D

Seats re-trimmed in leather (Scirocco style instead of Bentley wanted to keep it OEM(ish)
Very, very beautiful.
Your new BCM 7H0937090 D can also manage stalk with return spring. (like in T6)

For example, stalk wirh return spring on my 6R

7H0937090 D is the predecessor of 7E0 BCMs. There are several 6R Europe (2010-2014) with them installed due to the same reason, the steering wheel lighting, among others reasons. :)
iichel
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

fine i'll shut up
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

iichel wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:34 pm fine i'll shut up
You do not have to shut up ... you can for example update your topic in this forum... if you remember, that place where you are moderator.Image
graylscott
Getting There!

Post by graylscott »

ciclo wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:32 pm

and

Fuse both with 30A
Something like this, but not the same way.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2nv91 ... sp=sharing

They are not the only wires to add ... iichel. If you do not provide all the information it is better not to say anything that may confuse many other users who follow this topic.
Okay, so there's some other stuff to do at the same time as those extra terminal wires. Parts of that document will still need to be done and parts will be in the loom I have already made/fitted?

I don't have a parts supplier locally so I will need to order parts in advance to allow for delivery.

Do you have a rough estimate of what parts I will need so I can get them on order?
graylscott
Getting There!

Post by graylscott »

ciclo wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:30 pm
graylscott wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:20 pm Managed to find some buttons on eBay so didn't have to change the whole wheel :D

Very, very beautiful.
Your new BCM 7H0937090 D can also manage stalk with return spring. (like in T6)

For example, stalk wirh return spring on my 6R

7H0937090 D is the predecessor of 7E0 BCMs. There are several 6R Europe (2010-2014) with them installed due to the same reason, the steering wheel lighting, among others reasons. :)
Thank you! 8) It's not a patch on your Polo I fear though!!!! Your car is very nice. The van had a hard life before I got my hands on it! :lol:

I want to get some back caravelle door cards and black lower dash trims. Then re-uphoster A&B pillars and roof liner in black. Make it feel more sporty!

Do you have a part number for the stalk? That might be the next job :wink:

I want to replace the stalks anyway as the right stalk still has MFD controls on it (no-longer required)
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

graylscott wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:51 pm Okay, so there's some other stuff to do at the same time as those extra terminal wires. Parts of that document will still need to be done and parts will be in the loom I have already made/fitted?

I don't have a parts supplier locally so I will need to order parts in advance to allow for delivery.

Do you have a rough estimate of what parts I will need so I can get them on order?
Yes, I will provide you with all the information.

You don't have to follow that guide (in no case), we will go step by step here in your subject so that others have this information and can do the same process if it is their desire.
graylscott
Getting There!

Post by graylscott »

Ok thanks.

I have found one more issue since changing BCM.

It looks like the reverse light is no longer working? :?
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

graylscott wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:57 pm Do you have a part number for the stalk? That might be the next job :wink:

I want to replace the stalks anyway as the right stalk still has MFD controls on it (no-longer required)
Wait to make a decision regarding this. There are two possible configurations of the electrical wiring for the management of the lights in the T5 in its highest grade -auto lights + Bixenon- (for easy understand).

They are, the highest prior to 2014 and the highest during 2014-2015 (same as the T6 electrical configuration).

The 2014-2015 electrical configuration -like Adam87's- is the only one that would allow you to install the HB Stalk with return spring.

In your case and depending on your decision of what electrical configuration to do:

1. if prior to 2014
- with steering sensor (ring) 6Q0959654D... stalks = 6Q0953513AT
- with steering sensor 6R0959654 ... stalks = 6R5953507B

2. if during 2014-2015
- steering sensor 6R0959654 (mandatory)... stalks = 7E0953507F (or 7E0953503DB)

It's a little mess because your T5 is a Model Year "D" (2013), just when the changes in electrical configurations happened (end of 2013 roughly), and we also have to take into account that you have installed a new BCM 2014-2015... :)
You must know what steering sensor you have currently installed, in your case it is not shown in the autoscan, and the only way to know is to see it physically.

It's highly recommended that you make a log of adaptation channels from your new BCM so that I can see them and study them.
How to do it? :arrow: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
graylscott wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:26 pm I have found one more issue since changing BCM.

It looks like the reverse light is no longer working? :?
It will work, it's part of the electrical installation that you'll have to do, it's due to the lack of power in pin T73a/63.

---

The next thing will be the three phases of work:

1. Improvements in the T10-T14 Kufatec harness for your T5. Bixenon-BCM.
2 and 3. Depends.

FYI:
T14 is the 14-pin headlight connector.
T17 is the 17-pin original light switch connector.
T73a is the 73-pin BCM black connector, T73b is BCM white connector.
... and so on... with all connectors.
I mention this to you so that you can interpret the diagrams that I am going to post.
graylscott
Getting There!

Post by graylscott »

Understood! :wink:

The stalks are probably number 50 on the list of jobs i need to do on the van. :lol:

I'll look forward to to seeing the diagrams!

I thought that was what T17 etc. meant, I just wanted to be sure! :wink:

In the mean time I'll get those adaptation channels for you!