MMI not removing mute!

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
veteran
Silver Member
Drives: TSI 90 Match Edition 1.2

Re: MMI not removing mute!

Post by veteran »

Rum4mo,

It will not have gone unnoticed that Scotland, and in particular the Lothians, has had some pretty 'rum' weather these last few weeks, and one possibility is that the signal strength of the station you were listening to, earlier in the week, was abnormally low due to adverse and changeable weather conditions.

That aside, I've now checked the infotainment software version on my 2017-build Polo 1.2 Match Edition, and it's v. 0363. So, assuming VW counts in the same way that most mortals do, it looks like there have been several more software updates since 2015. In a PM, I've given you some other bits of info off my screen too.

Yes, when you scroll right down, I too have noticed an 'update software' option at the bottom of that screen. Selecting it, I found that it searches for a suitable medium from which to read and install an update. It doesn't find one at present, of course, and so you just backtrack or select a different top-level button menu to escape from the current menu. My guess is that an update could be done via a file that you download and write on to an SD card, installing the file via the SD slot in the CD player unit in the glovebox, but I'd say that the likelihood of VW making such files available to owners is going to be pretty slim. They'd probably insist that you book the vehicle in with them, for their workshop to do it and then to charge you a nice fat fee. I've updated software/firmware on many a consumer device of mine over the years and there's usually nothing complicated about it.
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

Yes, more "testing" to be done, in my experience, VW and Audi radio receivers are very good at following local masts/frequencies, my daughter's late 2009 Ibiza's radio is a complete pain when it comes to driving between masts/frequencies - and always has been, I used to use that car while she was out of the country and there was a mile or so of road where the signal strength dropped off suddenly and only came back once I had come within range of the next area's mast, a bit annoying when you are listening to something!!
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

I have had this problem again, and again when travelling through/in the same area. I got wife to check other saved radio stations, still could not “un mute” the sound! I got her to power cycle the radio, still the same, then manually search for a station, R4, that got things going again, so it does look like this radio receiver can not react in a sensible way to the situation where a saved station is asked for but there is inadequate signal strength.